Paradigm Monitor 5 floor standing?

Username: Caesar4831

Post Number: 7
I have a chance to purchase a set of Paradigm Monitor 5's with a set of mini-monitor v2's for rears. The pictures I have seen and communication with the current owner are confusing. He states the speakers are only a couple years old but when I look at the pics they are floor standing speakers. The tag on the back does state Paradigm Monitor 5 but all info I can find on the 5 series seem like they are bookshelf speakers.

Speakers look in great condition but am a little concerned I can't find a review picture to match his speakers showing what looks like a bass section. Look more like the 7 series. Does anyone know when the Monitor 5's were changed to the current type?

Thanks for the help.

Bronze Member
Username: Twebbz

Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

Post Number: 77
The Monitor 5 version 4 are the latest. They are bookshelf speakers. Go to www.paradigm.com. Click on the "Reference Site" at the bottom of the page then click on the Monitor Series on the bottom of the next page. You'll see the current line up. The Monitor 7 is the next in the line up after the Monitor 5 and is a floorstander with the same drivers.

Bronze Member
Username: Twebbz

Ann Arbor, Michigan USA

Post Number: 78
If you look at the consumer reviews on this site, you'll see a Monitor 5 floorstander. Sort the list by names "A to Z" at the far right. The lastest review there was dated 2001. Look at the "Monitor 5" not the "Monitor 5 v2"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us