NAD T773 with DVD SACD/DVD-A capability?

Daniel Benatar
Unregistered guest
Hi all,

I just have my system for the last 4 weeks and connected my NAD T773 to the DVD (Pioneer 636) through optical cable. I am planning to buy new DVD with SACD/DVD-A capability, and I would like to know if there is a way to have my receiver connect to the new DVD with SACD/DVD-A capability other then the optical cable?

Thanks, Daniel

Bronze Member
Username: Heff

Post Number: 92
Since the NAD T773 has 7.1 Analogue Input for DVD Audio, you can use stereo audio cables to connect your new DVD-A/SACD Player to the NAD T773.

Daniel Benatar
Unregistered guest
Thanks Heff, Once I will connect the stereo audio cables, do I need to disconnect the optical cables ?

Daniel

Bronze Member
Username: Heff

Post Number: 94
While not required for DVD-A/SACD, you can keep the optical digital cable connected.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckeyeshine

Post Number: 38
Actually just to clarify, it is my understanding that SACD/DVD-A MUST use analog connections through the 7.1 inputs as Heff suggests.

Username: Seamus

Post Number: 7
I think JDG is right, atleast for SACD. For copyright (?) protection reasons, the SACD output is only analogue. So, to enjoy the 5.1 or 7.1 coding, you will need to connect the player to the receiver using a 5.1/7.1 analogue connection.
You may continue using an optical/coaxial connection so that you use the better DACs on the receiver for DVD-video.

Bronze Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 17
Multichannel SACD/DVD-Audio can be transferred with firewire/ilink cable with some higher quality Pioneer, Denon, Onkyo etc players and receivers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us