Acoustimass 6 troubleshooting - low sound"

Dawn
I am a beginner with home audio, and am having some difficulties with some components I bought. I have a Sony STR-DE875 receiver and a set of Bose Acoustimass 6 speakers. Everything is connected properly, and I have put all the speaker settings on the receiver as Bose suggests (large vs. small, etc.). However, I have to turn the receiver up to almost max to get a normal sound level. I figured at max I should be blown out of my apartment by sound...any suggestions? Thanks!

David
Yes, through those piece of crap Bose speakers away and buy some decent speakers. Apparently you fell for the biggest marketing hype ever created. Bose. No highs, No lows, must be BOSE.

Chris Duplass
My Panasonic DVD player is connected via an Optical digital line to my receiver. During playback I get a low level hum from my left speaker. I don't get this hum with any of my analog inputs(am/fm, TV).Speaker connections are good. Could my optical cable be the problem???

Anonymous
no, not if you are getting a good signal to the rest of your channels. possibly your drivers in your receiver are bad, or the digital encoder in your dvd player, but my money would be on your receiver. as for analog, they would be good with bad drivers, because there is no digital decoding happening within the receiver. i had the same problem with a sony receiver i had.

Anonymous
How old are your Bose AM6 speakers. If they are a few years old it may be that your Bose is not compatible with your receiver. I had the same problem and I went out a purchased a powered subwoofer.

My Sony receiver isn't playing sound anymore.It plays a little sound when I have it on full blast and I hookup my CD player to the tape input and select Tuner,yeah I know weird,but other then that I don't have any sound.

I left my window open and rain water fell on my BOSE ACOUSTIMASS 15 hoofer. The hoofer has no power now. What is the problem? Does it have a fuse inside that could have blown? Can I open it some way and check? Incidentally the speakers are still working, but there is no base. I have checked my amplifier, all settings are ok. I need some help.

I left my window open and rain water fell on my BOSE ACOUSTIMASS 15 woofer. The woofer has no power now. What is the problem? Does it have a fuse inside that could have blown? Can I open it some way and check? Incidentally the speakers are still working, but there is no base. I have checked my amplifier, all settings are ok. I need some help.

You may have a bigger problem than that. you are probably going to have to return your bass module to the factory for repair. If there is a fuse try it but if not return it to the place you purchaced it and DO NOT tell Bose that the woofer got wet as the manufacturer isn't responsible for physical damage or acts of god under the terms of the warranty. Hopefully something shorted out because if they see evidence of water damage they may send it back unrepaired. good luck.

Anonymous
I have a Coda S type subwoofer. I was very impressed with the amount of bass it puts out. But one day the woofer volume was at high, and it should be around 0 (it was at 13), and when i turned the cd player on the woofer made a loud sound then shut off. It does not make any sound anymore...anyone know what the problem may be? Its not the fuse..checked it.

timn8ter
Dawn,
Even if you do get the Bose working start making plans to replace them. Maybe you can put up with them for a year or so. Next time, don't buy a speaker system based on the way it looks, or because of some sales pitch. Do some research. Try to be objective and scientific about it. My point is you could've bought better speakers for half the price, and if you apply yourself you'll be a better consumer and support speaker makers that actually give you something in return for your hard earned money.

Anonymous
I am the one with the coda s sub. It will play now for about 3-5 minutes. After that time the sub makes a popping noise then the sub does not play anymore? Any one got any suggestions?

timn8ter
Is it still under warranty? What your describing sounds like it's temperature related. Could be the driver itself heating up and becoming distorted so that it starts moving diagonally or the amplifier cutting out when it gets warm. Either way it's going to be an internal part. I'm assuming you've tried different adjustments with the level and phase controls, checking all the connections, etc. and this happens anyway.

GG
I am having some trouble in setting up my bose speaker system. I have a onkyo receiver. For any input mode, only three of the speakers (AM16) are working. The other two are not working. Can you guys guide me on how i can rectify this?

Trent Davis
GC, go through the speaker setup process described in your Onkyo's instruction booklet again. You may have forgotten to change the reciever to 5 speaker mode, and so the amp simply assumes they aren't there and therefore doesn't send them any signal. Also, as usual, make sure your wiring connections are all made correctly and securely.

Anonymous
My subwoofer does not work any more. When i play music it plays for bout 1 second then automatically shut off. When it shuts off u here a little click kind of sound coming from the sub. Ive tried everything and would like to know if any of yall would know what the problem is with it. Would it cost a lot of money to fix?

Ashish
I am looking to buy a home theater system OR a system that is upgradable to home theatre at a later date. My budget is upto 1000$ excluding receiver and DVD player OR upto 1400$ all inclusive.

I am considering Bose Lifestyle 12, AMP 5 speakers ++, Definitive Technologies Pro Cinema 100. Can anyone advice. I am concerned about Definitive Technologies service network as i live in Singapore.

Do add in any other suggestions too.

Thanks

Good morning:
I need help!!
I have a home stereo system. When I try and play a CD the power shuts off.
Thank-you for your welcome assistance.
Dawn Pitman
UU Church Las Cruces

Berny
Dawn,
A little more info please. Type of receiver, type of CD player, type of speakers? Is the unit brand new?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us