PSB Image 2B on sale! are they good?

wambalam
Unregistered guest
The local audio/video store is having a sale on the Image 2B speakers....from $499CDN down to just $299CDN

Are these speakers good? I was thinking about getting the Paradigm Monitor series but they are WAY more expensive than these. I've heard good things about PSB

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3828

Yes, the PSB line is very good.

Barnacle
Unregistered guest
It is on sale because it is being discontinued. Nothing wrong with it just a new model is out.

wambalam
Unregistered guest
Yah if I'm not mistaken they're being replaced with the Image B25's

I would prefer the B25's (they don't have them in-store yet) but not if they're going to be almost twice as much $$$

Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY Pakistan

Post Number: 3
I've owned PSB's for a while. A pair of Century 500's, and now Image t55's. In my opinion, they are a great speaker company that doesn't get the credit they deserve. Everyone talks about Paradigm and B&W (which are also excellent speakers), but to me, PSB's sound better and are a little cheaper. Not a bad combination at all

Bronze Member
Username: Ray

HyderabadIndia

Post Number: 14
Yes, They are really good. I own a pair of Image 4T's (floorstanding). The clarity and soundstage is really good.

Silver Member
Username: James_the_god

Doncaster, South Yorkshire England

Post Number: 137
A bit like the sales on the diamond 8s then. Being replaced with the nine series. Infact the pacific evolution is on sale, evolution 8 is being sold for only £150! Evolution 10 just £170. Don't know how good they are though, dont how know good the diamond 9.1s are either, although I like them.

Bronze Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 69
I dont complain about my psb's, just my amp.
I have stratus silver fronts, century 200 center and alpha surrounds. These vary in age from 5-10 years. They vary in impedance and I have h/k 65w receiver, which is rated for 8ohm loads.
I think the whole speaker bunch will sound better when I upgrade the amp.

Cheers

Username: Goatboy

Pickering, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 3
Nice to hear all the good comments about PSB

Bronze Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY Pakistan

Post Number: 15
Nuck - That's an interesting combination. You have one of every level they make. How did that happen?

Bronze Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 70
Hi Stu.
Pure happenstance. The atoms were with a technics pkg i got 10 yrs ago.
The silvers were demos from a local wannabe hifi shop, 800$cdn, 6 yrs ago. 2 yrs old then.
200 century, same place, liquidators(bank)sale, 100$.
I am on my way this am to a real store to demo some amps for this combo.
I'll post back this aft.

Jamie

Unregistered guest
I have a pair of 2B's for my mains, 1B's for my surrounds, Energy C-C1 center channel, and 8.3 Energy Subwoofer. To answer your question, yes, absolutely, buy them. I bought mine a few months ago at the same price. At this price, you would be hard pressed to find anything better. I also auditioned the $450 Energy C-3's. The Energy Connoisseur series has better tweeters in their speakers, but the 2B's have much better base. It's tight and has a quick response, whereas I found the C-3's to be boomy. I keep saying that if Energy and PSB would get together and put the Energy tweeters in the PSB Image series, you would have an awesome speaker. If I keep these speakers for a while, I just might get a tweeter that is cleaner/ crisp and install it myself. Of course that voids your warantee, but what the hey.

Bronze Member

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 73
ended up with...Rotel 985 amp.
Using the h/k as pre and looking to power the psb's with good stuff.
used amp, still under 5 yr warranty, met the guy who turned it in at the store, he had issues with kimber twister wire compatibility. Fine with straight run.
My good!

Will fill you in when I get a hand to lift the heavy %#(%*W&@& into place.

Jamie
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us