TSB for NAD 773

riche
Unregistered guest
FYI- According to the service center in my area NAD has just released a service bulletin for the 773. My receiver was in there for a week so they could check out the "hiss" issue. They couldn't find anything wrong with it (I didn't think there was, but I wanted to be sure). The day I was to pick it up they called and told me about the bulletin. They didn't think that I had that problem but they would do the service anyway. Probably puts a little money in their pockets. They didn't tell me what problem this TSB addresses but those of you having problems may want to contact an authorized service center or your dealer to get details. Good luck!

Bronze Member
Username: Buckeyeshine

Post Number: 39
riche,
Did you or can you ask what it was that your dealer did in accordance w/ the TSB?

Also, what did you actually hear that made you take your unit to the dealer for diagnosis?

I have a T773 so of course curious. Thanks.

riche
Unregistered guest
I will ask them about it today when I call to see if is done.

I was able to hear hiss from my speakers (B&W 300 series) when standing about 2-3 feet from them. I know a very slight hiss that you can hear if you put your ear right up next to the speaker is fairly normal, but this seemed a little excessive. I took it into the dealer and we hooked up some of their speakers and there was much less hiss. Definately within reasonable limits. I decided to go ahead and take it in to the service place anyway, just to have them look at it. They couldn't find anything wrong with the receiver but are doing the fix anyway. Hopefully I'll get it back soon!

btw- I just upgraded to a Paradigm Studio system. I can't wait to get these going!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Thanks riche. I hear the same from my 773 but only with my ear to the speaker with no active inputs.

You're gonna love those Paradigms! Excellent.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
riche,
Any update info on the TSB? Just curious. Thx.

riche
Unregistered guest
Sorry. Apparently it has something to do with the power supply. If the voltage to the receiver drops below 110 it is possible that noise could be introduced into the system. The techs at NAD could reproduce this scenerio. I haven't had the fix done yet because the shop is still waiting for the parts. I don't think it will do anything but we'll see.

riche
Unregistered guest
Oh. And now that I have the Paradigms hooked up to it.... Yep. Still get the hiss. The speakers sound great though!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us