Help with amp choice for B&W 800 series

Bronze Member
Username: Mittal

Post Number: 11
hi,
I am from Delhi India and am setting up a new system for our house. It ll be a 5.1 setup. I have decided on the speakers which will be the B&W 800 series:

B&W 802D -fronts
B&W HTM2d- centre
B&W DS8S- Rear suround
B&W ASW 855 SUB

I am not very sure which amplifiers to go for.
I was leaning towards Classe Audio's new delta series SSP600 Processor and the CAP 5200 5x200 watts RMS power amplifier.

But i am not sure if a 5 channel amplifier is a good idea. Maybe it ll be better to go for a 2 channel amp for the fronts and a 3 channel for the center and surround speakers.
Can anyone help me with which amps to choose. The budget for the amps and processor is around 15,000 USD. Dnt know if i can get good combo in Krell or Jeff Rowland for that price? Any suggestions??

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3786

Do the Jeff Rowland. I can't help you with pricing.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 532
As far as I know the Classe amps have a fair kick to them. 200w/ch should be about right for the 802D's, although B&W speakers always like power. I haven't heard the new Delta range yet, but given that B&W and Classe are almost one company, they should integrate very well. If you find that the 5-channel amp isn't man enough for the job, you still have an upgrade option of adding another 2-channel Classe amp for the front speakers and then biamp the centre with one of the free channels in the 5-channel amp, leaving you with one unused channel.

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us