Speaker advice need. and reciever suggestion for bose 10-3

Username: Razor2003

Post Number: 2
Hello i recently acquired a sony reciever from my dad,
it supposrts 6 * 80w speakers (str-de635)

Now right now i have a yamaha 120w center, 2 sony 80w front side speakers, 2 yamaha 120 w back speakers and a 150 w yamaha sub (Bought the yamahas 2 days ago)

I do not plan on upgrading my reciever.
This is a basic setup of a 5.1 surround sound in a pretty enclosed room. Mostly do gaming and occasional listen to music

Right now when i turn it up about half way is the most i will ever go, in a game about 1/4 bass is awesome!
just deciding on if i should keep the center yamaha and the 2 back 120w's i want to save as much money and dont want to overpay for watts i will never use.

what back speakers would you guys recommend if any? for my system?

---------------------------------------------------
second part of this thread. Got a acoustimas 10 series 3 bose system 5 speakers 1 sub.
what reciever would go great with this setup?

I almost bought a yamaha but would like some imput first/

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 522
don't worry about the wattage ratings on your speakers, they're completely irrelevant. If you are happy with what you have for the purposes you have, just keep it and use it.

Yamaha and Sony speakers are about the same quality so just decide if you want to keep the surround sound or not---depends on if your gaming supports surround sound or not, and whether you listen to normal CDs or sacd/dvd-a, if it's normal CDs you don't need surround speakers since they'll sound better in stereo anyway.

How much did you pay for your Yamaha sub? For the same or less money you can get the Dayton 10" sub from partsexpress for about $145 shipped, widely regarded as the best sub in the under-$300 range.

As for your Acoustimass...are you still within the return period? If so, don't walk, RUN to the store and return it ASAP!!! Here's why:

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

If you are stuck with the Acoustimass and don't plan on eBaying them for some real speakers, buy the cheapest receiver you can find, maybe a $150 refurb Onkyo 502 from ecost.com or jandr.com.

Spending more money on a better receiver to run those speakers would be a total waste, like putting high octane gas into a Chevy Chevette.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us