Speakers for plasma--save me from the BOSE!!!!

Username: Sandy717

Post Number: 1
I'm installing a stealth plasma in custom walnut built-in cabinets. The plasma will be in a lift which comes up out of the base cabinet. The plasma monitor takes up all the width of the lift so I need to put speakers under the plasma in the lift. Thus, I have only about 4" X 4". I don't want to use the bose cubes but these meet the size criteria and the wife is pushing in this direction. Note: I have a seperate home theater, this is only for watching "regular TV" so no 5.1 surround needed.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 651
I would consider these - they sound as good as Bose for a lot less !

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/store/category.cgi?query=&type=store&category =spk%5Fmultimedia&orderby=&start=15&limitcategory=&template=&searchfields=&match =&searchtype=

bcamp
Unregistered guest
take a look at orbaudio.com. their set-up is just like the Bose systems, but sounds a little better, is slighty cheaper, and will allow you the versatility to add more, use less, or change things around if you like. they also offer some different colors that you may like...since it sounds like you're going for the bad-@$$ set-up there. also, if you have the money to spend, anthony gallo makes some micros like the orbs, but a little better. a little more expensive too.

bcamp
Unregistered guest
take a look at orbaudio.com. their set-up is just like the Bose systems, but sounds a little better, is slighty cheaper, and will allow you the versatility to add more, use less, or change things around if you like. they also offer some different colors that you may like...since it sounds like you're going for the bad-@$$ set-up there. also, if you have the money to spend, anthony gallo makes some micros like the orbs, but a little better. a little more expensive too.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 674
Gallo sounds better for sure - you can mate it with onkyo TX-LR552 for an upscale sound ($200 on the web). The Gallo won awards in audio sights not too long ago. Looks sharp too.

Also this one comes powered is better than Bose.

http://www.hifichoice.co.uk/review_read.asp?ID=1487
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us