NAD T762 Sound Problem

NAD T762 User
Unregistered guest
Hi, just received my T762 refurb and am wondering about something. I have hooked up my Cable box to the component and optical input. When I switch channels on the cable box the receiver will often not have sound on the new channel. I could switch back and forth and then the sound might come back or might not. Do I have a defective receiver or could it be something else?

T762 User
Unregistered guest
Please ignore this, I tested it out with regular audio cables and it seems to work fine now, probably a problem with the optical cable (which is a lower end optical than I usually use).

Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 10
Thanks for the follow up, T762 User. I wonder if a good half or more of the problems claimed caused by receivers such as NAD might be wire, speaker or grounding problems.

t762 User
Unregistered guest
Another follow-up, I went back to good brand new coaxial cables (instead of the opticals that were giving me problems and the regular audio that were working fine) and am having the same problem, so it's definately not the cable, either it's a problem with the receiver or the Time Warner Scientific Atlanta 3250 cable box. If there is no sound, I can get it back by switching my amp to another source and then back again, that usually fixes it but as soon as I change channels I run into the problem again often.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us