Help with Phillips CDR 775 recorder

Unregistered guest
I'm having trouble recording with my phillips cdr 775. First, I tried recording from an external source (a turntable)-- All was well until the final track, when the recording simply stopped (there was plenty of space left on the CDR Audio I was using). I tried finalizing the disk to no avail. Next I tried recording internally, using the burner's two cd trays. Midway through recording, the device froze, and the recording was ruined. I was using Maxell CDR Audio disks. Does anyone have any experience with this model? Any suggestions?

audio listenner
Unregistered guest
I have a Philips CDR-800 audio cd recorder. It doesn't record well with TDK and Maxell cdr-audio discs. But it records fine with Fuji (Fujifilm)audio Cd-r and Sony audio Cd-r discs. Give them a try. I prefer Fuji because to my ears they sound just like the original over Sony that sound slightly worse.
When I have bought this cd recorder three years ago I wasn't happy with my purchase because I'm not able to buy any brand but just some brands, but now that I know that other audio cd recorders like Sony are not able to record 80 minutes without finalizing problems, I'm pleased with my cd recorder, because for me is worse not be able to copy a 80 minutes original disc (I have a plenty of them).
I wish that this could help you. Sorry, for the bad english but that is not my native language.

audio listenner
Unregistered guest
I have a Philips CDR-800 audio cd recorder. It doesn't record well with TDK and Maxell cdr-audio discs. But it records fine with Fuji (Fujifilm)audio Cd-r and Sony audio Cd-r discs. Give them a try. I prefer Fuji because to my ears they sound just like the original over Sony that sound slightly worse.
When I have bought this cd recorder three years ago I wasn't happy with my purchase because I'm not able to buy any brand but just some brands, but now that I know that other audio cd recorders like Sony are not able to record 80 minutes without finalizing problems, I'm pleased with my cd recorder, because for me is worse not be able to copy a 80 minutes original disc (I have a plenty of them). I don't copy cd's on my computer burner because the sound quality is much worse with less detail and "air".
I wish that this could help you. Sorry, for the bad english but that is not my native language.

stonewallz
Unregistered guest
Anyone know how to record from an LP? I've lost the instruction book.

Nick Clarkson
Unregistered guest
I have a Philps CDR750 and it won't record at all with Maxell Discs. It works fine with Memorex, TDK and Traxdata though. It's damn annoying as Costco are selling 20pks of the Maxwell CDR's with jewel cases for 7.99!!!!!

Anonymous

Stonewallz, I'm writing this from memory, so the terminology I use might be slightly iffey, but the process is OK. I suggest that you do this first on to a CD-RW disc in case of mistakes. First, select "Analogue Signal" from data type on the CDR player. Then chose "Ext Manual data" from the Rec type menu. Start playing the LP on the turntable and press the "record" button on the CDR player. Between each LP track, remember to press the Track Increment button on the remote control of the CDR player (to break up the signal feed into different CD tracks). When the recording is complete on side 1 of the LP press Stop. Repeat the process for side 2 of the LP. The final thing to be done is to press "Finalise" on the CDR player (the CDR player will then instruct you to press "record"). The Finalising process will take about 2 minutes. Hey Presto!

Russell David
Unregistered guest
my philips cdr 775 recorder will record analog (vinyl records) without a problem. After I finalize the CD-R (audio-type only works in this unit), I attempt to open them up in my computer for editing (delete the "needle drop", reduce noise, etc.). Nero nor Cakewalk nor Cool Edit Pro will recognize them as anything other than "read-only" CDA files (44K in size). If I can't load these files into my computer for editing and conversion (i.e., WAV or MP3 files, for instance), then what good is this CD Recorder? Hopefully, I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone advise me on this one? Russ

Unregistered guest
anyone know how to get past "OPC ERROR" on phillips cdr 775 ?
also shows "DISC ERROR"
was recording great, shut it off, came back in the afternoon to these displays.
was told lazer has burned out, any fix ?
thanks

Cheese222
Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a Philips CDR796, I'mhaving prooblems as it's not finalising anymore,( it sticks at 1min remaining)

Unregistered guest
I'm having trouble recording with my phillips cdr 775. First, I tried recording from an external source (a turntable)-- All was well until the final track, when the recording simply stopped (there was plenty of space left on the CDR Audio I was using). I tried finalizing the disk to no avail. Next I tried recording internally, using the burner's two cd trays. Midway through recording, the device froze, and the recording was ruined. I was using Maxell CDR Audio disks. Does anyone have any experience with this model? Any suggestions?

Anonymous

I find that Philips CD rcorders need to have their laser lenses cleaned periodically. Otherwise, there are a variety of problems in reading and finalizing disks. Any of the usual laser lens cleaning disks seem to be adequate.

Unregistered guest
cdr 765 recorder player, the problem is that the cd-r discs are formated for multi uses now, you need discs for home audio only, it says so in the manual. I can not find any avalible anywhere, if you find some it will work perfect. let me know if there are discs avalible,I need some also, hope this information will help. smrdrunner@aol.com

Paul King
Unregistered guest
I am having problems with TDK discs recording onto CDR770, which is a shame cos a local shop is selling them £5 for 10 with cases and I bought loads! About half work ok and half stop midway through. My advice is to buy Philips own CDR dics, which have never failed once. Local Comet sells them £9.99 for 10

Paul King
Unregistered guest
Further to post above they are called Philips
CD-R Q and come in a red and black box.

evoljunt
Unregistered guest
Russel David, I don't know that you will be back to read this but the reason your audio files show up as 44k is because you never completed the transfer to your p.c.. You can use media player or winamp to "rip" them to your system if all else fails.

Unregistered guest
I'm having finalizing problems with my CDR 775. Every time I try to finalize a disc, the count-down starts at 2mins 10 secs and counts down to 1min 45 secs where it stops. And that's it. I've tried Maxell and Memorex discs. I'm going to try and get Fuji discs and clean the lens (shouldn't be necessary as it's almost new). Any ideas?

diamond4151
Unregistered guest
For all who are having "OPC ERROR" or " DISC ERROR" with the "Philips CDR775". The Problem is simple, the unit is a little out dated for the blank media that is out there now. The unit was made to read and finalize CD-R's that are; 1. Music Only, 2. The blank IS 74min/650MB(very important!).The unit can't read the 80min/700MB or "Data CD-R's". There is no truth to the rumor that there is a CD+R or a CD-R, that only apply's with DVD-R's, for which this machine is NOT compatable. I have owned mine from brand new and I now am finding it hard to find the media for it. The best blank media I have had no problems with have been TDK and Fuji. It is 6 years old and technology has pasted it by. If you can find media for it, you should have no problems with it. Mine still works and sounds great. As far as getting the music into a PC, use Musicmatch. It will read the "Music only" CD-R, much like a regular music cd only it won't have any listing for the tracks. You can manualy enter those. The ripp program works fine for mine. Hope this helps.

Unregistered guest
I've now tried it with Phillips discs and the damned thing still won't work.

diamond4151
Unregistered guest
Jazzy Jez,
I am sorry to say that I think you have a problem with the laser. No simple way to fix that. If it were me, I would think on looking into buying a newer unit that would be more disc brand friendly. I not saying that the "CDR775" is a bad unit. It's just a little out-dated for the newer media out there today. Don't waste your time on calling Philips USA. They can't help, again, unit is too out-dated. Last resort, try TDK 74min disc, if you can still find some.

Anonymous

I have the CDR 775 unit and have the same problems as others listed here: machine stops in mid-recording, door won't open, and won't finalize. I can't even begin to tell you how Pi**ed off it can be to record 70 minutes of LP music only to end up with nothing. A couple of times, I've had to pry the door to remove the CD. No wonder you can't find this equipment new anymore.

Unregistered guest
I am having problems with our 3 cdrs 765. they are not recorging at all. In one of theme beside this problems the player jump from track to track. Plase let me know if these problems can be solved and How can we get the supplies.

Unregistered guest
HI! I have buy since few day the cdr775 and it can burn only "cd-r for audio"... i find this cdr for audio very expensive so is there a workaround?
Can i burn normal cd-r?

diamond4151
Unregistered guest
Darkiss, No there is no way around it. The machine was made for the "Music Only" CD-R's. To Everyone else, I do have a very positive update!!!! I have found that the TDK 80min/700MB Audio only CD-R's will work in my CDR-775!!!! I have found them at: CompUSA and CVS Drug Stores of all places! A 20 pack at CVS is $11.99 US Dollars and at Comp USA they are $8.99 US Dollars.I would hope to think that any of you should be able to go to their web sites and order them on-line, again, I am having good luck with the TDK brand 80min/700MB "Audio Only" Disc. Try it, I hope it works out for every one. Happy recording!

lonslo
Unregistered guest
I am trying to set up my philips CD Recorder to record from my cassette player, Need help with hook up. Please Help!!!! going mad, Thanxs

Username: Gash

Post Number: 2
I have a philips cdr796 cd player recorder but the trays wont open anymore it says in the display trays locked.can anyone help ? thanks gary

Username: Gash

Post Number: 4
Ave sorted it, just had to keep it in stand by then hold the display button in for a while and the trays unlocked.

Username: Mhall

Jordan, Mn Us

Post Number: 1
To record from your tape player (or Phono)on the Philips 775 plug the RCA jacks into the analog inputs of the 775. Push the Ext Source button until Analog lights up.Auto track only works with digital output so you have to either hit the Pause button on the machine between tracks or press track incr on the remote between tracks. Press REC TYPE until REC EXT MAN shows then a Wait message. Use the Jog/Enter to set -3DB or what you want.Press Record on the CD recorder and start your source.After it is done hit Finalize and Record and that's it.

mvhall@frontiernet.net

Username: Dgbarstow2

Sony CD-R Audio 80 min.! Just finalized Larry Carlton/Steve Lukather "No Substitutes" on my Philips CDR775 and man is this album B*TCHIN'!!

I think I got them at Target. More expensive but also more rewarding!! You should be able to find them most anywhere.

Username: Jreames

Leland, MS Usa

I just aquire a cdr775 through ebay and I can't
get it to pick up sound so I can record.What I have read in other forums it might be the type ocd blank I have. Memorex cd-r 700MB 80min. can
anyone help me on this. Jim

Username: Fattjak

hello,
anyone know where can I get CDR 775 Philips manual?

Fattjak

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 443
http://www.m4c.magnavox.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?&scy=US&slg=AEN&mid=Link_C ontactUs_USA_Cat_Excl&session=20081010224052_69.208.121.186&ctn=CDR775BK&ds=CDR7 75BK
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us