Definitive Technology ProMonitor900

John W.
Unregistered guest
I am currently looking to buy fronts to go with my Pioneer 1014 reciever, and my local shop was the Def Tech PM900s for $999 new in box. I like the sound of the BP8s, but I havent heard the PM900s, and the only pair they have left is still sealed in box.

They appear to be great speakers, and a steal at $999, since they retail for $1600. I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences with the PM900s.

I will be using them mostly for HT, and I am adding to my setup piece by piece as I get money.

John W.
Unregistered guest
I went by my local store yesterday to talk to salesman about the Def Techs and to make sure they still had them, but he actually recommended B&W 602s or 602.5s instead.

I listened and I really liked the 602s, and he said he could do the 602s with a sub for $999. My questions now becomes, is the 602.5 or the 603 worth the extra money?

I am planning on having these speakers for a long while. These will be my fronts in my HT I am building piece by piece. So far I have the Pioneer 1014. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

NADMAN
Unregistered guest
You're the only one who can decide if it's worth the extra money. You worked for it and know how hard or easy it was to come by.

Username: Apexi1100

Texas

Post Number: 3
I use the bp6 for fronts and they seem to be doing a great job, but i also use a set of studio monitors from KRK systems rp-5 i think is the model. the studio monitors have their own amp though. Are you looking for passive or powered speakers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us