Help choosing rear surrounds

Username: Hanfrac

Post Number: 1
I've searched through 3 months of archives, but can't find a good recommendation for the following:

I am looking for 2 speakers to be wall-mounted in a large room at the sides of the viewer/listener, well above their heads. I am trying to find something that (a) is not very expensive (under $300 for the pair?) and (b) not very large/heavy. There is a good amount of space from where these speakers will be mounted to the back of the room.

My front set-up is Audio Pro Black Diamonds and matching center channel, powered by an HK AV receiver. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Bronze Member
Username: Pbdr

Post Number: 16
I am currently using a pair of Bose 161 for surrounds and they do a good job for movies and CD music; I can't comment on how they would work for more intensive music formats (SACD and DVD-audio). They run around $125 for a pair, are pretty small, and weigh about 8# each. I know that many people dislike Bose, but as surrounds for the price I can find no complaint with the speaker.

For most uses sorround speakers don't carry a lot of weight and you can probably find several speakers that will fit the bill.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us