Onkyo 901

Username: Blazer

Post Number: 8
Has anyone had any experience with Onkyo's new bad boy? Up sampling (might just be a marketing ploy) componant up, NetTune, and THX (still not sure if that makes much difference). I know Onk doesn't get much play on this forum, but I was just curious if their new $1,500 receiver had been improved upon and thus deserve some consideration. Get this. I called Crutchfield to ask the rep some questions about the 901, and he swore to me that it was 110w per ch with all channels driven. I found that hard to believe. He also told me Crutchfield phone reps are paid on commission. So be careful what they tell you if you call. He was very nice though.

Username: Jeromeb

Bay Area, CA USA

Post Number: 2
Blazer,

Do your homework! I am putting in whole home audio and something like Net-tunes seems like the perfect solution. I have all my CD music on hard drive and want to send/play this music throughput my home. However, whenever I look into discussion groups I hear trouble about Onkyo Net-tunes. I am specifically considering the 901, but am having reservations. The fact that Crutchfield has the 901 on their "hot to move/ discount blow-out" list is also suspicious.

Please keep me posted on what you learn. You can Google Onkyo, net-tunes, problems, etc. and find info.

Regards,
-jb
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us