Help in HT system dilemma

Username: Jonandabby

Post Number: 1
I have a very odd shaped room, and want to put in surround sound. Here are the limitations of the room:
1) I cannot put the speakers behind me (sofa against wall);
2) I cannot put the speakers on the side walls (one side is a window, the other is a passthrough to a kitchen.
I really need something that can be mounted on the back wall, and then adjusted to point sideways. I had been considering the Bose AM 15 or 10 systems. But I don't much care for Bose.

Are there any other quality systems with really small speakers that can be adjusted to fit the shape of my room like Bose's? I don't want to spend silly money, but anything under $1000 before installation would be something I'd consider. The priorities are small and adjustable (and good), not cheap.

PS I have an Onkyo TX-SR601.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 820
I wall mounted two small 'back' speakers above sliding glass doors so I could expand to 7 channels. Anything is possible with a little creativity.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/135527.jpg
Dont let something as simple as a window or doorway hold you back.

Username: Jonandabby

Post Number: 3
I'm not really as concerned about the layout. I'm just not partial to Bose, and was hoping that some other good options were out there that were as flexible as Bose. (Bose usually sounds "tinny" to me.)

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 821
There are a lot of options available. I'd suggest doing some legwork(the fun part) and checking local HiFi shops to see the many alternatives. Im not a big fan of bose either, and wouldnt recommend the model I have unless they're used as back speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us