Which Front Speakers

Username: Chrisdogmlb

Post Number: 4
I am wondering which speakers to buy for front floorstanding. I am sticking with JBL Northridge E series to match the rest of my components. My receiver is the Denon 3805. I have JBL EC25 as Center, JBL E10's as surrounds, and JBL E250P as the sub. I was wondering what I should buy for fronts. I was looking at the E60's, E80's, E90's, or E100's. Cost doesn't matter as one could save money for the higher priced speakers. I just want to get the best sound for movies. Any advice or help would be great.

Chris

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 287
If cost doesn't matter and you want to stick with the JBL Northridge series then the E90s or E100s would be the most logical choices. With the Denon you should have sufficient power for any of them.

Isn't there a place near you where you can audition them?

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 710
Heck, if price is of no issue. You should buy a pair from the JBL-K2 series.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 187
price no issue?

Wilson Audio WAMM... $250,000

but that isnt the point now...is it?

Do you plan on sticking with JBL? There are lots of better options at the same price level. JBL is your typical mass market speaker with run of the mill components. You can do better for the same amount of money.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 188
I agree that the E90 or E100 would be the best choice of the bunch, but just look around. You might find you like other brands.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us