HT-S670 (or any receiver)/TV Set-up

Username: Mvyvoda

Post Number: 2
I just purchased the Onkyo HT-S670. I have an xbox, N64, Slim Devices - Squeezebox and a Panasonic 32" television i want to attach it to. the problem is with my television; it doesn't have audio out, but i want to play EVERYTHING though my brand new!!!! speakers. i understand i can get a dvd or something with audio out/in but don't like this solution because i don't want a dvd player or vcr or something. is there a device out there that will just allow me to play my tv through my speakers? that is, a device that has the functionality of the feature of the dvd play for audio in/out that would allow me to hear my tv through my speakers?

do i even need a device? did i just set it up incorrectly?

thanks in advance,
mark

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 431
A 32" TV that doesn't have audio outputs? That's hard to believe! What model is it?

If it doesn'y have an output, then no device will help you.

Post Number: 5
it's model# CT-27G7SDF.

maybe it does... i'm what you would call a n00b :-/

thanks for you help,
mark

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 265
actually that sounds like a 5 year old model, and since it's CT-27 that means it's 27" not 32" so it very well might not have any audio outputs.

sorry mark, the quickest easiest and cheapest solution is buy some cheapo VCR (pawn shop or eBay?) and use its TV tuner to watch TV and its audio output to listen to the TV through your Onkyo.

Should be easy to find some cheap used VCR for $10-30.

Post Number: 6
alright, well thanks a bunch gentlemen! this has been my first post here!

thanks,
mark
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us