Onkyo TX-SR502 reliability?

Bronze Member
Username: Eksine

Post Number: 18
I bought the Onkyo TX-SR502 receiver less than a year ago and so far I've experienced only 1 strange problem with it. After a few hours of listening to music at 30-40% volume the receiver started clicking continuously, turning itself on and off repeatedly. I think it's called clipping, but why would it do that at such low volume after only a few short hours?

On Ebay and many online stores they have massive amounts of Bstock and refurbished Onkyo TX-SR502 receivers for sale. many people report about their units failing on them after a few months. I panicked and am currently selling mine on Ebay so I can get a Pioneer VSX-D814K or VSX-D914K or maybe even a Kenwood VR-806. Anything must be better than an Onkyo model.

So my question is how is it possible for the Onkyo TX-SR502 to be one, if not THE MOST, best-selling receiver on the market if it is such a piece of un-reliable, worthless crap?

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 299
its called marketing and uminformed consumers. bose is crap and they sell like crazy way overpriced.

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 239
Er, the Pioneer would be an improvement but not sure about Kenwood. From the car audio forums that I used to browse I know that Kenwood is considered the Bose of car audio, along with Sony.

Otherwise I agree with Christopher.

Bronze Member
Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 12
Onkyo is like yamaha, their high end stuff is awesome, but their cheap stuff sucks. go with the pioneer 914.

Bronze Member
Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 13
Onkyo is like yamaha, their high end stuff is awesome, but their cheap stuff sucks. go with the pioneer 914.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us