Recommended Amplifier

Username: Htorres21

Philadelphia, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2
What amp do you recommend for two 4 ohm infinity 1230w's rated at 1200 watt max handling power and able to handle 300 watts rms? I bought a
lanzar vibe 248 rated at 1200 watt max and 300 watts rms X 2, but the subs sound really bad and as if they are going to blow. So I disconnected them immediately.

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 208
well you want an amp that puts out 300 watts RMS or close to it. max power means nothing. there are many decent brands to look at, but I don't know how much money you have to spend. Since you have two subs you will want a amp that puts out 600 watts @ 2 ohms b/c the subs will be wired in parallel. the Kicker KX 600.1 would be great if you cn afford it.

Username: Compuguy101

Post Number: 1
As you will be able to tell from my question, I am new to home audio and am fumbling my way through. I have a ViewSonic N6 HD TV tuner connected to an RCA Scenium DRS 7000N Digital Recorder. The audio from the ViewSonic monitor is awful and I have purchased a pair of MTX Monitor6 speakers (55Hz-20kHz, 8 ohms, 100 watts RMS/200 watts peak music.) I now need to purchase an amplifier to drive the speakers, but do not have a clue what would be appropriate and approximately what it should cost. Can someone out there advise me? Thanks.

Username: Audioholic

Post Number: 6
Hector; you want to purchase a high current amplifier capable of driving 4ohm loads. NAD; H/K; Onkyo; etc

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 294
paul, this is a car audio question so those suggestions have no bearing on these guys.

Username: Htorres21

Philadelphia, Pa Usa

Post Number: 7
Anyone have any suggestions on where to purchase high output alternators? Especially, that may carry one for 1995 toyota 4runner V6. In other words, not only GM and Ford alternators. Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 298
go to the car audio forum hector, or even a car forum. not many here will have the answer for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us