Wiring headphones to a speaker

Username: Yugor777

Post Number: 1
I am planning on taking a pair of heaphones and taking the buds off the end and connecting the wire from the headphones to the speaker. i was wondering if anyone could tell me how i would go about doing this. thanks.Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2951
WHY???

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3550

Yeah; why? Do you really hate these headphones that much?

Username: Yugor777

Post Number: 2
no i dont hate them. its just i wanted to be able to plug the headphone cord into my mp3 player so then i can listen to the songs on my mp3 through larger speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 261
hahahahahaha....you are far from getting sound on your speakers. you will need an amp to do that. the signal from your mp3 player is far too weak to get anything from a pair a speakers. try connecting audiophile type headphones and you will probably get very low volume. same thing applies with a computer sound card. all mp3 player/computer speakers are self powered. that speaker in the picture requires a power source, an amp. do yourself a favor and dont ruin a perfectly good pair of headphones and get an amp or something. you will quickly find out that what you thought was a good idea is in reality a pretty stupid idea.

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 188
Yugor,

What you need are some powered computer speakers, they can go as cheap as $30 to $180.

Go to Amazon.com and do a search. Logitech z-2300 is a nice 2.1 system with ample power for your application.

Since you have a pair of speakers I assume you have a receiver to run them? Then buy a cheap ($3-6) "Y-cable" adapter and plug your MP3 player into one of the input jacks.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 576
Heh.......

At least he was trying and being creative.

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 265
i guess we should give him that much credit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us