Source material

Bronze Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 53
I use James Taylor Live at the Beacon as a reference for everything because I know it well.
My system sounds very good for this material, but seems to lack that 'impress the neighbors' punch that is a laugh for me.
I can play a rip of Van Halen's Amsterdam that really lights things up, I mean really loud, no distortion(other than intended at recording) and the system just loves it.
I don't run a pre-amp, shold I?
Looking for opinions.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2953
What kind of punch are you looking for? I have that DVD and the acoustic riffs and vocals sound really good. If you want punch try the Eagles Hell Freezes Over or Pink Floyd DSOTM SACDs or DVD audios.

You don't need a pre-amp, you probably want a power amp that you can hook up to your receiver.

Bronze Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 60
Agreed Bernie, if yu mean JT.
I am underpowered for amp, and I am working on that. As well, I bought the Eagles sacd, but my h/k doesnt have component input, I am doing optical. boo.
I considered an investment in arcam, but may pony up for 2xoutlas mono's for now, just for laughs.

Must look for the Floyd, but without proper digital, may be a loss. But only for now.

Cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us