Definitive Technology

Username: Aogemini

Pasco, Washington Usa

Post Number: 9
I am looking to buy Definitive Technology's BP30 as 2 front F/R channels and 2 L/R surround channels coupled with Def Tech's CLR 2000 as my center channel, 2 of Aperion Audio's 522D-SS for my L/R surround sound speakers, and finally 1 SVS 20-39PC+ subwoofer. There are a lot to read about Aperion and and SVS but hardly anything regarding BP30 and CLR 2000, yet magazines like S&V are full of DefTech ads! Can someone help me on some subjective and objective opinion about BP30s and CLR 2000?

Thanks,
Art Ortega

Gold Member
Username: Rick_b

New York USA

Post Number: 1073
Art,

I used Def/Tech BP30's and CLR2000 in my home theater system for many years. With good electronics, they make for a killer front system. Go out and audition them if you can, and decide if they are what you are looking for.

Username: Aogemini

Pasco, Washington Usa

Post Number: 10
Rick,

What receiver did you use? I am considering Yamaha RXV-2500, or Denon 3805, or Onkyo TNX801. I have also heard that DefTechs are great for movies but somewhat below average when it comes to clarity of music, especially on mid-range to high-frequency. Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Art

Gold Member
Username: Rick_b

New York USA

Post Number: 1083
Art,

I drove the the front 3 channels with Aragon amps and a Proceed pre-pro. Both the Yamaha or Denon receivers will do the job well. You are correct, the Def/Techs are killer for HT, but leave a lot to be desired for music. I finally had to go with a 2nd music only system, to get the best of both worlds.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us