Yippie, new speakers on the way!

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 247
I just ordered some brand new Paradigm Studio 40's and the CC470 in cherry, should get them in about 10 days. Couldn't afford to change out the rears so they remain Mini Monitor's for now. Yippie!

Silver Member
Username: Stealth_c

Dublin, CA USA

Post Number: 181
Such a shame you didnt take maui's advice and go with the GMA's. :-) Enjoy them Arthur. What are you doing with the Monitor 5's?

Silver Member

Dublin, CA USA

Post Number: 182
Ohh and congratulations of course too!

Gold Member
Username: Myrantz

The Land Dow...

Post Number: 1740
Congtrats Arthur - something to look forward to. Nice speakers from what many are saying.

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 248
The store where I bought them gave me 100% retail value for the 5's on the trade in. Those are the kind of stores that I shop. Now perhaps you see why I didn't get involved in the salesman discussion.LOL!

Silver Member

Dublin, CA USA

Post Number: 183
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. How old were they out of curiosity?

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 249
3 mos. Before that they gave me 100% trade on a 1 yr old Paradigm Performance series setup (Esprit's, Atoms, and a CC270). I can't afford the Reference rears for now, but hey I will be in stereo bliss. The store is Bradford's Home Entertainment in Eugene, Oregon. Locally owned by 2 great guys Geoff and Tim. I also deal with Northwest Audio Labs in Corvallis, Oregon owned by Jim Ott. He deals the same way. That's why I shop the salons and not the big box stores. I can name several other dealers in the area who work like that. It's a great place to be an music lover/audiophile!

Silver Member

Dublin, CA USA

Post Number: 184
Thats actually one reason why I like CSW, despite their less than excellent reputation on forums like these. Enjoy your setup, they look like killer speakers for sure.

Bronze Member
Username: Shermstar

Post Number: 17
Congrats Arthur! I am waiting on a Paradigm shipment as well....

Studio 20's
CC-470
PW-2200

Went with Monitor Audio rears (couldn't fit the mini monitors in my room)until next year when I move then I am going to use the 20's as the rears and get the 100's......got the cherry as well.

Enjoy your system!

Silver Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 158
Arthur,

FULL RETAIL trade-in??? Wow, that is indeed unbelievable. I need to go audio shopping in your neck of the woods!

Only time I ever got a deal that sweet was when I took a car I bought a month earlier in to a NTB store, and they gave me full retail value for the OEM Goodyears I traded in for some Michelins.

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 251
Bradford's is a great store.

http://www.bradfordshifi.com/difference.htm

They fudge on the price doubling if you're a good customer. Check out their products and policies.

Bronze Member
Username: Dpriwin

Post Number: 51
Arthur, I hate to ask this question, but, how much did you pay for the Studio 40 and the CC470? I looked at Bradford's link and the prices for Paradigm seem to be full retail.

I am green with envy that there is a retailer so intent in developing and maitaining a relationship.

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 252
They are full retail, as prices are at all but the big box stores. You then negotiate a final price. As you may have seen in their policy they will match any price, and they have done that for me before. On their 1 yr speaker trade in policy they give 100% toward full retail unless it's a full home theater speaker system then they give a system discount. However you may at times pay more at a store like Bradford's and it is worth it for the service and support.

Username: Jimvm

Gonzales, Louisiana U.S.A.

Post Number: 2
Arthur - Congratulations on your purchase. I wouldn't fret about the Mini Monitors; they are excellent speakers in their own right and will serve you well until you decide to replace them.

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 253
Thanks all for the congrats and support all. I am very excited to start the listening.

Bronze Member
Username: Max190

Maryland Heights, Missouri US

Post Number: 21
Art,
Hmmm, Performance Series, Monitor Series, and now the Studio's. How long before upgraditis hits again?

When you go back to pick up your speaks do not even look let alone listen to the Sig's ....

Congrats on the new setup.

Good luck,
Steve

Silver Member

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 260
Long story but I owned Studio 40 v2's. Got bit by the Maggie bug lost all my good Paradigm gear and had to climb back up. Maggies, anything less than the 3.6 is a waste. Thanks for the congrats.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us