Newbie needs help!!

Username: Rage

Post Number: 1
Let me thank you in advance!!

i recently got a Yamaha home theatre system which comes with a receiver HTR5730, i hooked the receiver up with my own speakers at home, but for some reason you can't really hear anything from it unless i turned it up way up (ie. -30db sounds like ppl whispering in a library)
i have checked the cables to make sure the positives and negatives are lined up properly, so that shouldn't be the reason causing the problem. i also made sure the cables i got are working good as well... (i tried it on my HI-FI)

Is there supposed to be some sort of settings i have to work on to make it to work? or is it really malfunction?

On top of that.. my subwoofer (which comes with the home theater system) doesn't work either... but when i tried to plug it into my receiver (and accidently touched the rim of the female connector) it would produce a "bass" sound, however it just wouldn't do anything if i do anything else!!

i m totally stuck and i have no clue what to do next!! so please give me some advice and i greatly appreciate it!!

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 235
How does it sound at -20db. Many receivers use the THX standard, which means to you that most folks listen to movies at between -22db and -16db. Question; Does it have an onscreen menu, if so go into setup and follow the instruction maunual.

Username: Rage

Post Number: 2
Thanx Arthur for ur advice
I just tried playing my favourite movie Saving private ryan @ -20db to -16db.. but it doesn't help much. The loudiness is a bit less than regular conversation. without the sub sure takes part of it out.

I did read the manual and followed all the steps as suggested in the manual.. and even read the troubleshoot for possible solutions of my situation...
i tried all the solutions it suggested but didn't help a bit...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us