Which amp for under $300?

Bronze Member
Username: Jiggad369

Post Number: 25
what kind of amp can i get for around 250 for my fron two channels. it has to be 100-125 wpc, not more than that. im lookng for 100% sound quality, loudness does not matter at all. it just has to sound awesome. im gonna be using Marantz SR8400 as the pre-amp.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 609
This is a good one for the price - usually $300. Sounds pretty good - you will probably like it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3279%26item%3D5767370852% 26%26

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
no no. i need a power amp, not a receiver. i already have a receiver.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 256
last time i checked the SR84000 puts out over 100 watts to all channels. so why would you need a separate amp? if you are still looking i would try a search on NAD in either ebay or audiogon. NAD has pretty good seperates.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
so Chris, you think the 8400 will provide good clean power to the speaker? i have psb image 4t which perform their best at 100w.

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

Post Number: 257
well i would try try out your setup as it is if you dont already have everything. if you already have and arent satisfied then something needs to be changed. i would first fiddle with speaker placement and the speaker setup on the reciever. that may improve sound. if still no improvement then maybe you need some more juice for the front. if you have the money you can try investing on monoblock amps or a quality 2 channel. you can look on ebay and find manrantz monoblock amps, they go anywhere from $200 to like $400. you can also look at NAD, Rotel, Adcom, HK just to name a few. i would try tweeking your setup before spending more money. marantz products are known to be very well made with some extra juice for loud parts. i have the SR4400 with only 80 watts and it is plenty loud and clear with my 601s.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us