Going to Jayhawk Land

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Post Number: 133
Hawk,

I didn't know which pre-existing thread would be right for this posting, so I thought I would just start a new one. I am taking a day trip this weekend to....(pause as I compose myself)..... the land of the Jayhawk, Lawrence, KS, to visit the much applauded Kiefs. I am telling my wife that this trip is to decide what type of surround speaker I want to purchase to go with my PSB Image system (Kiefs is the only dealer within 7 hours that sells both NAD and PSB). However, (keep this a secret), really I want to go to spend some time listening to some of the great speaker/receiver combinations discussed on this forum. Kiefs really does have quite an extensive lineup of brands they sell. First and foremost on my list is the Elite/Monitor Audio combination that comes so highly recommended by elitefan.

So, Hawk, do you want me to check anything out for you? Any messages you want me to relay? I can tell them you said hello as I am sure they know you well after your much anticipated purchase, but I don't know your real name.

How many "points" does one get for hitting a Jayhawk with a car? Is it more or less than a raccoon? :-)

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 251
Johnny,
Sounds like a great trip you have planned. Hope you enjoy yourself and hear some really good stuff. Of course I will be interested in your opinion on the Elite/Monitor combo and any other info you might pick up. I have a similar trip planned for two weeks from now and will get to hear Hawk's new speakers[Dynaudio] for the first time. Let us know what you find.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Post Number: 353
Johnny:

They are great guys--I have known the Store Manager, Ed, for nearly 30 years and he has always provided me with quality advice and great products. I just spoke with him about a week ago, so no message at this time. Just a hello--he'll know who it is from.

I know Ed is very partial to the Monitor Audios (I think he got a set of the Silver S8s for himself), and the Pioneer Elite/MA combo is quite nice, IMO. I know for years they have tried to have a broad range of products that could please everyone. But if you really want to hear the good stuff, forget about receivers and listen to the separates like B&K and ATI. Also check out the universal players (DVD, CD, DVD-A, SACD) and see what you think--I still haven't heard what I want yet.

Let me know what you hear and what impressed you--I value your opinion.

Enjoy!

Silver Member
Username: Johnny

Post Number: 139
Hawk,

Will do! I am really looking forward to it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us