Where to purchase Yamaha RX-V2400 without invalidating warranty

Username: Whootmanbowl

Post Number: 2
All,

I am just about to pull the switch and purchase a RX-V2400 receiver and S2300 Universal DVD player. I was informed by the reseller that I was looking at that the Yamaha warranty is not valid unless I buy through one of the Authorized dealers. Unfortunately that translates into a $500 price jump. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy and not lose your warranty without paying a 3rd more unneccesarily?

Thanks to all who respond

Username: W9cw

Post Number: 8
Chris,

Go to Yamaha's website for info on their authorized interenet dealers. It's not only Yamaha policy, as many manufacturers such as Denon, Marantz, NAD, Rotel, etc., also adhere to such a policy, thereby striving to sell through an authorized dealer network setup by the company. Most are "brick and mortar" hi-fi "salon" dealerships, but some may be internet-based.

Although some internet sellers claim that the USA warranty is provided with the purchase, it is null and void if they are not authorized dealers. The cheapest price is not always a good thing. I learned a long time ago that it's better to purchase from and support a local authorized dealer. Unfortunately, everybody wants everything for nothing these days - and, that's why customer support is so lacking in today's marketplace. No dealer who offers products with only a couple points markup can offer any post-sale support.

Remember "caveat emptor" (let the buyer beware) still applies to sales and marketing. Who knows, you may never need to file a warranty claim on a RX-V2400, but then again . . . "you pay your money and you take your chances," as the old saying goes.

Buy from a local authorized dealer, and pay the extra money - you will be glad you did! Perhaps, you won't like the RX-V2400 . . . many dealers will allow you to trade without any loss. Not so with internet-based dealers - except for Crutchfield, and possibly others.

Good luck!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us