Which sub for psb image series?

Bronze Member
Username: Jiggad369

Post Number: 21
which sub will match the best to this config.?

Front: Image 4T
Center: Image 8C
Surr: Image 1B

Username: Goatboy

Pickering, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 4
PSB Subsonic 6i would work very well

Silver Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 640
Any good sub. Subs don't need to match in timbre to other speakers since they only do low bass.

You need to ask yourself:

- how big is the room?
- how loud does the rest of my system get?
- is this strictly for HT, for movies, or both?

Silver Member
Username: Sem

New York USA

Post Number: 474
Dru P.

I have the same speakers and just ordered a B-Stock HSU STF-2 for $344 delivered. From what I understand, its tough to beat for the price. Its scheduled to arrive Monday.

Gold Member
Username: Myrantz

The Land Dow...

Post Number: 1908
Sem

Congrats - sounds like a great deal. Is this sub to replace another or is it your first?

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 475
My Rantz,

Thanks. I think the price seems to be really decent considering the brand and the fact that even though its B-stock its still fully warranted. This will be my first sub. I haven't missed having one so far, but then again it does take getting something new to find out what you've been missing all along. I'm sure I'll have something to say about it on Monday.

Gold Member

The Land Dow...

Post Number: 1911
Sem,

The HSU will make a lot of difference to your movies and music. Look forward to finding out what you think. Have fun.

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 643
Sem,

The STF-2 has the same low-end extension as the STF-3 (which I own). Since this is your first sub, I can pretty much garantee that you will say: "Oh my God!"

Have fun!

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 476
"Oh my God!!!" - More later.

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 682
Can't wait!
:-)

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 480
Ok, I've had a few days of sporatic listening with the new STF-2 and must say it sounds very nice. It definitely fills in the gaps on the low end, and my setup sounds much more complete now. The first disc I auditioned was Pink Floyd's DSOTM SACD. I can now *feel* the opening "heartbeats" instead of just hearing them. Way cool. Next disc, and the disc I still keep going back to, was Alan Parsons' "On Air" in 5.1 DTS. The more I listen to this disc, the more I truly feel it blows the snot out of at least half of my SACD's and DVD-A's. This recording is superb. All of the songs are good, some are very good. But its the surround engineering that really shines here. I hope he reaches into the back catelog and gives us more of the same. Highly recommended.
Overall I'm very impressed and I haven't even watched any movies yet. Actually tonight I am going to watch "National Treasure" picked not because of the soundtrack (is it any good? not sure), but because I borrowed it and need to return it.

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 748
Good stuff Sem!

Post back after the movie...

Gold Member

The Land Dow...

Post Number: 1973
Sem,

Is A.P's "On Air" recorded in DTS 5.1 or DTS 96/24 5.1?

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 483
Peter,
I thought 'National Treasure' was enjoyable, certainly not a great movie, but fun. Only a minor test for one's sub, which seemed about right for this movie. Much more would have been been for show and not really adding anything to the movie.

Rantz,
As far as I know its just the standard DTS recording. Sounds very nice though. I do seem to remember that this album was planned from the beginning to be a 5.1 release and not a stereo release "fitted" to 5.1 I should have a chance to speak with Mr. Parsons this wekend and must remember to ask him about the release date of the DVD-A version of 'A Valid Path'

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 484
A nice benefit of this (or probably any half-decent sub) is that my regular cds are sounding better now too. I pulled out some Camel, Steely Dan, and a Pretenders cd last night and listened to each with a smile on my face.

Silver Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 759
You will have a chance to speak with Mr. Parsons this weekend? That's pretty cool. In what context.

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 485
http://www.bbkingblues.com/schedule/moreinfo.cgi?id=2302

Have tics to the show and passes to the post-show party.

Silver Member

New York USA

Post Number: 487
September.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us