Nad 370 Cutting Out!

fetska
Unregistered guest
My Nad 370 keeps cutting out - ie there is a click, and the green light turns red - when I put the volume up past '2', and I mean '2', not loud at all... Why the hell is this? is it overloading? in which case I guess I ought to send it back, no? Very tedious and any help MUCH appreciated.

Thanks,
Olly

conker
Unregistered guest
May this be a valuable lesson: never buy NAD!!

You're welcom.

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 199
From what you've said it seems that the amp is overloading. What speakers have you got it wired up to? Are they connected correctly? Was everything working fine for a while before this problem occurred or was it like that from the off? The Nad is capable of driving extremely heavy loads and loud too so you obviously have a problem somewhere.

Silver Member

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 200
Conker,

I've noticed a few "don't buy Nad" type postings from you, have you ever owned a Nad product? Is that the problem, you once had a Nad item malfunction and now you're bitter? Everything from matchsticks to Rolls Royce cars can malfunction! Name me one product from any manufacturer that has a 100% reliability record for all of time? I'd hazard a guess that you couldn't do that so maybe keep your opinions to yourself unless you have something constructive to say.

conker
Unregistered guest
A few "don't buy Nad" posts?
This is my first one, but I'd be happy to make it a few if that's your desire

Silver Member

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 201
You've done a similar thing on another post in the CD players section.

Silver Member

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 202
Sorry, make that the integrated amps section.

Bronze Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 84
You know cocker sun king has a point. Have you owned any nad equipment in the past, and if so why don't you enlighten us as to how it is deficient. Perhaps your sloped forehead gives you away, simple statements from a simpleton...

conker
Unregistered guest
Que?

Silver Member
Username: Danman

QUEBEC CANADA

Post Number: 134
He probably listens to music on an old stereo from "Lloyds" his parents handed down to him and thinks he is educated when it comes to hi-fi!Some people have nothing else better to do I guess.

Gold Member
Username: Myrantz

The Land Dow...

Post Number: 1678
fetska,

You didn't mention if the unit shuts down immediately or after a while - if the latter it may be an overheating/ventillation problem. If so make sure there is plenty of space around the unit or consider a small 12v fan to draw air through the box.

If that's not the problem, try disconnecting all cables and speaker wires - then see if the unit still shuts down. If not - replace cables and speaker wires one by one and see if the unit shuts down again. If it does you'll be closer to isolating the cause.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us