NAD C370/C541i or C320BEE/C521BEE

listenup
Unregistered guest
I was looking at a NAD C320BEE and C521BEE...need a solid 2 channel system, when I realized I can get the C370/C541i combo for about $100 more. Seems like a no-brainer to spend the extra 100 and get the extra power??

What am I not thinking of? I know the BEE gets great reviews for being very musical...but I've never seen a bad 370 review either.

If I get the 370...I'll pair it with Dynaudio Audience 52s (4 ohm)....I have B&W DM602 S3s (8 ohm) to put with the BEE.

Am I comparing apples to oranges?? I'm leaning towards the more powerful combo...eventhough the BEE would likely easily handle my room/listening level requirements.

Any thoughts?

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Post Number: 343
listenup:

Seems like a "no-brainer" to me as well. A $100 difference is almost nothing, and not only will you get more power, the 541 CD player has a bit more detail and HDCD capability, as well. Both amps were very favorably reviewed by Stereophile (especially in light of their MSRP) and both NAD CD players were "Recommended" by AudioEnz of New Zealand as providing great value for the money that sound very good. You really can't go wrong with either pair, IMHO, but for an extra C bill, I think it is an easy call and you should not worry about "missing something." I think that is one of the joys of buying last year's products (the 370 and the 541i)--they seem inordinately cheap.

Enjoy!

jeff1
Unregistered guest
$100 diff! Where do you shop??

listenup
Unregistered guest
Saturdayaudio.com shows C370 for $499 (C320BEE goes for $399) and 541i for $299 (same as 521BEE). Has anyone seen it cheaper elsewhere??

Silver Member

Post Number: 354
listenup:

I am not going to dissuade you as I really think you will love the 370/541i combo, but Saturday Audio will quote a price on the 320bee of $319 (I know because I asked). Haven't priced the 521bee, but I am guessing it also would get a 20% discount, or ~$240. This prices are in line with what Kief's charges for the same products. So the price differential between the systems is not quite as close as you thought. Still, I did not realize just how inexpensive the 370/541i combo is until you started this thread. That is a real bargain, particularly for anyone who loves great stereo sound.

Listenup
Unregistered guest
Thanks for making my decision that much harder!! I'm going to pull the trigger on something this weekend hopefully...been thinking/talking about it for too long.

My only concern is that I have a pair of Dynaudio 52s that would sing a little stronger with the C370. I've got a mental picture of the 320bee matching better with some B&W 602 S3s. My wife may have me committed if I cycle through another speaker change! Ofcourse...she may have something else if she learns I've dropped the extra coin for the 370 when the bee could be had for even less! Let's keep this quiet...
Thanks again for the post.

Silver Member

Post Number: 364
We aim to please. LOL! ! ! !

I would still get the 370 with those Dynaudio 52s--I have Dyn 42s on order myself--as I think they are much cleaner sounding than the B+Ws, but that is my preference. However, either way, you are going to have a very nice system, and your secret is safe with me!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us