DTS not functioning

Kennn
Unregistered guest
I need help! I've hooked up a Sony CD/DVD
DVP-NC685V to a Yamaha RX V1000 receiver. Everything sounds fine with the exception of DTS. I hooked up a Monster optic cable to the correct ports of each unit. If I select an Analog input, I can heard sound. If I select DTS, the led for DTS lights up but I hear nothing. The DVD player is displaying "DTS".
Any suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Jet2001

Post Number: 27
good question. Check your Receiver, when it is in DVD mode, does it say that it detects the optical input? On my receiver I had to change the input from the default (analog) to optical for the DTS to work.

I don't have experience with Yamaha receivers though, so try that and wait for someone to post who has more expeience with your products.

rentersl
Unregistered guest
you need to set the dvd player to enable DTS from the DVD set-up menu

Bronze Member
Username: Canuckinapickle

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 71
I agree with "rentersl". You've probably not set your DVD to output bitstream/DTS. When it is analog mode your Receiver is getting a 2 channel feed from your RCA cables (and probably processing it into 5.1 artificially). I'd suggest pulling the RCA cables leaving just your optical cable for audio connected. Then go into your player menu and adjust your audio settings until you hear sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us