Dynamic Range Speakers

Username: W00b

Post Number: 8
can someone recommend some good speakers with a clear dynamic range in them.. preferably big woofers and a high power handling.. for now let's not keep the budget in-mind.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3285

Klipschorns. Stacked!!!

Post Number: 9
oh come on guys.. certainly there are more suggestions than just this.. i know this is an audio forum and you don't like to answer newbies but just take about 5 minutes and tell me some more good speakers so i have variety =)

Silver Member
Username: Stealth_c

Dublin, CA USA

Post Number: 140
El cheapo budget- Cerwin Vega, KLH, Fluance, Used Speakers (old Advents, KLHs, Sansuis etc)
Mid Priced- Klipsch, Athena, Axiom Audio, etc
High Priced- Tannoy, Wilson Audio, Thiel, etc

Money is always a concern in audio, unless you are very, very, very rich.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
in that case, ill supply you with a budget. i have about 10k to spend on speakers. the rest of my system is there i just need some speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Kano

Post Number: 441
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1117560936

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3309

How about telling us what system you intend to use with $10k speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Blasterman

Post Number: 17
Legacy Focus.

Bronze Member
Username: Jet2001

Post Number: 29
$10k on speakers?!? you'd basically have your pick. With that kind of money allotted for speakers, I'd go audition just about anything made.

If huge woofers are what you want, then the guy above suggested Cirwin Vegas...good choice if all you are looking for is huge sound and huge range. But with $10k, you can do better than that.

With that type of cash, I'd be looking for something that sounded crystal clear and as lifelike as my ears could hear. Then add a subwoofer.

Brand names are brand names when it comes to high dollar speakers (in my opinion), they are all going to be quality. Go listen to as many different speakers as you can and choose from there.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
wow.. as for the wilson speakers, they seem really good and everything.. but i was meaning that i have 10k to spend on speakers.. but i guess that made me realize that i want to stay in the 1-2k range for a PAIR of speakers. right now i have old AKAI SR-LA301 3 way speakers that really only sound good through an equalizer in my opinion. part of that may be because i blew the tweeters that came with the speaker, and replaced them with piezo tweeters.. but still, there is no way im gonna come across another pair of those =(. so umm, lets switch the budget to about $1-2k for a pair of speakers and see what we get.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 3345

How about telling us what system you intend to use with $10k, sorry, $1-2k speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Stealth_c

Dublin, CA USA

Post Number: 155
Check out the Def Tech power towers. They definately have the woofers covered.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us