Do Polk RTi6's have front and rear ports?

Username: Machman72

Post Number: 9
I just read somewhere that the RTi6's have both front and rear ports. Is that true? I have pretty much decided on getting them. I was just curious.

Thanks, Ryan

Bronze Member
Username: Jet2001

Post Number: 19
Nope, just the front port. Here's what Polkaudio.com had to say about them...

http://www.polkaudio.com/home/products.php?category=4&speaker=350

I think you have made a good choice, enjoy them!

Jon S
Unregistered guest
Actually, yes, the RTi6 (and RTi4) do have both front and rear ports. But the rear port has a baffle that flares out so that you can wall-mount them or place them close to the wall.

I tested them briefly and liked them a lot. The sound was very detailed and clear, and the cherry finish is very well done.

Silver Member
Username: Dmwiley

Post Number: 316
Incredible!!! One of you guys has to be wrong. Ryan, check the Polk web site and determine the facts for yourself.

Post Number: 10
I have found where the Polk site says beside enclosure type - "vented via rear mounted power port". It doesn't say anything about the front port(which is clearly visible). There is a diagram of a RTi12 that shows the internal bracing of the speaker and it also shows front and rear ports.

Maybe someone that has a set can inspect their set.

Silver Member
Username: Larry_r

Naples, FL

Post Number: 874
The RTi6 has a flared port in back, and a flared port in front. I looked. They're there.

Bronze Member
Username: Jet2001

Post Number: 20
I'm the one who is wrong. The rear port is blocked by a mounting bracket. Sorry for the misinformation.

Bronze Member

Alabama

Post Number: 12
Thanks guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us