Bose cube speakers - what Sub should I get

Username: Davidcr

BrisbaneAustralia

Post Number: 1
Hi, I have 5 double cube speakers and was looking for a Bose Acoustimass 10 or 15 bass module. Does anyone out there know if there are better subs to use with these speakers. Or does anyone has a module for sale? They sound tinny without a sub. Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards
David

Silver Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 113
I don't think that there are any subs bad enough for Bose speakers. Did you just buy the Bose? If so perhaps there is time to take them back. If not I would continue to look for Bose "bass modules". If you can take them back or paid so little that you can take the hit and get sell them or give them away I'm sure we can make plenty of suggestions for replacements. Had you only asked us first.

edster922
Unregistered guest
David,

This is not meant as an insult in any way, just the sad sorry truth: even WITH a sub your Bose cubes are still going to sound tinny...unless you turn the sub up so high that you *never* hear those cubes.

The Bose Acoustimass is actually NOT a real sub, it's something more like a combination of midrange drivers that are fed bass frequencies but can only (surprise, surprise!) output midrange frequencies...whenever they're not too busy distorting, clipping, or resonating that is.

You'd be better off with the $125 Dayton sub from partsexpress.com and that is no joke, I'm absolutely serious.

For the straight scoop on the longstanding massive fraud otherwise known as Bose:

http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html

Listen to Arthur: don't walk, RUN LIKE HELL back to the store and get your money back!!!

Jayb
Unregistered guest
The real problem you have is that, you can't run BOSE cubes off anything but the BASS MODULE, otherwise you'll blow them. I don't see how a store could have sold you CUBES without the MODULE, considering ACOUSTIMASS is only sold in full packages (MODULE AND CUBES)

The bottom line here is YOU GOT HOSED or should I say YOU GOT BOSED!

Anonymous

you should have stole the acoustimas module as well....bose cubes are not sold seperately
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us