Where is RealEliteFan?

Bronze Member
Username: Xsound

Myrtle Beach, SC United States

Post Number: 48
I have enjoyed his posts in the past, but have not seen REF anywhere recently.

Gold Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 1090
I still read this board but have decided to refrain from posting as it has seemed my comments have upset several people in the past and that's not what I want to do. I am just sitting back and watching this board become yet another dominated by Yamaha and Denon fans. I remain an interested observer but this is probably my last posting. Thanks for the interest, however.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 451
tref

That's a shame. I usually enjoy your posts, even if I don't always agree with you. I think your restraint will be the board's loss.

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
Fight the Power... Free TheRealEliteFan!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
I agree with Frank, the board loses. There were some things that I disagreed with TREF about but always found your posts interesting. I actually went the extra mile(s), and there were many, to be able to demo the Elite receivers partially because of some of your comments. Glad I did, because I bought the 54, and am thoroughly enjoying it.

Gold Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 1604
I too value your input TREF. You have style, character and offer good advice here. Don't let the bustarts get you down. Whatever you choose - take care!

Username: Walkeye

Post Number: 8
Hopefully, this little post might coax you out of self-imposed hiatus, REF. I could really use your help. I would like to purchase an Elite VSX-54 (new or used) for a 5:1 system I'm finally putting together. There are several internet dealers that stock them. Posts on this website have made me a bit skiddish of doing business with unauthorized dealers.

My local Pioneer "boutique" wants $799.00 (plus tax). I KNOW I can do better than that via the internet.

Can you please suggest any authorized dealers for Elite products? If you prefer not replying via this discussion board, I would greatly appreciate a response via email.

The folks above are correct. I have thoroughly enjoyed (and respected) your posts and efforts here. Butt-kissing session terminated. :o)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
Walkeye,
I bought my vsx-54tx from elegantaudiovideo.com and had a great experience. The price was very good, it arrived in 4 days, and I get the warranty! I can't remember the person I dealt with (I ordered over the phone), though I would love to send him some business.

Send me a message if you want his name and other details

Post Number: 9
Thanks very much Xsound. I really appreciate the lead. I've seen the Elegant webpageHow long have you had your VSX-54? I assume by you reply and recommendation, you must be pretty satisfied with the receiver????

By the way, how's things on The Strand? We've got some vacation planned in North Myrtle in May. I can hardly wait! I'm jealous that you actually live there!

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
I bought it in Jan. I love it! I am very pleased, very, very pleased. There are a couple of things I could wish for, but they really would be out of my price range - firewire, ability to run 7.1 and second zone, another component in. As far as sound quality and build, it is awesome. It has been a huge up-grade over my 25 year old Onkyo. I really am hearing things in the music that I never heard before, stuff I never caught even when listening in the car. I love the MCACC. I would definitely buy again!

My Monitor Audio center channel should arrive this week. That will give me Monitor Audio across the front, then time to upgrade the yardsale Realistic surrounds.

Myrtle Beach is great, spring is here. Hope the vacation is great! May is a good month weather wise. Are you coming for one of the bike rallies?

Post Number: 10
Pretty strong endorsement of the Elites. You purchased from a web dealer, so you obviously don't sell them. You've got me stoked. It's interesting you mentioned having Monitor Audio accross the front. I auditioned the Bronze bookshelves several months back, and loved their sound.

Nah, just coming down for the beer, beach, and the babes (not necessarily in that order). The bike rallies are pretty amazing, though.

Thanks again for starting this thread, and your "take" on the Elites. Hope you're able to finish your system soon.

Bronze Member
Username: Jbecvar

Post Number: 37
Another good site to try out for a deal is nice electronics. I got a denon 3910 universal player for around $930 with shipping and it came with the warranty. It's niceelectronics.com.

Bronze Member
Username: Dpriwin

Post Number: 37
Elite,

I have not posted in a long while yet I continue to read in the background. On a separate posting I directed someone to read your posts. We value your input and knowledge.

It is true however, that this forum is losing some of its power and it is starting to be polluted by ignorant posters who have a personal agenda. I hope you will reconsider and become active again. It is up to the real users to regain control of this site.

B.Holland
Unregistered guest
Elite,

I too will really miss your input on this forum. I hope you reconsider and become active.You are one of the few IMO that knows what he's talking about.I have since upgrated my system to Pioneer Elite 54 and Monitor Audio S6,SCLR,and S1.I could'nt be happier. Thanks for the advise.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
B. Holland,
that is the system I am setting up, well almost. I bought my 54 back in January, and I just got my S-LCR. Bought it off e-bay sort of. As the Silver RS series starts to enter the US market, I hope to find some deals on either the S6 or the S8. I am either going for the SFX ( I wish they still made the FXi) or most likely the Axiom QS8. I really want a di/bipolar speaker for my surrounds.

I must admit I am a little disappointed in the SLCR. I have a pair of older MA Gold 700s in Rosewood that have beautiful finish and I have always loved the sound. The finish on the LCR is nice, but not nearly as nice as the 700s. There is a big difference in the true rosewood and the rosewood/mahogony. The sound of the SLCR is really good. I like it as well or better than the Tannoy Sensys DCC I auditioned, but it doesn't match my 700s as well as I would like. I know it's the difference in age, speaker and driver design, but some of it is also the difference in a sealed enclosure vs a ported enclosure. It's got me itching to switch over totally to the silvers to get everything timbre matched across the front. Then I can move the 700s into the bedroom and run a second zone. I love this game.

Silver Member
Username: Rick_b

New York USA

Post Number: 990
Elitefan,

Come back my friend. Your sage advice was always welcomed. You can only point them in the right direction. If they don't like what they hear, o' well.......................

jimvm
Unregistered guest
"Another good site to try out for a deal is nice electronics. I got a denon 3910 universal player for around $930 with shipping and it came with the warranty. It's niceelectronics.com."

Josh - Denon's website makes it clear that their warranties are not valid if the product has been purchased at an unauthorized dealer/online E-tailer. Niceelectronics.com is not an authorized Denon E-tailer. So, what do you mean when you say, ". . . it came with the warranty."? Do you mean a Denon warranty? Is it because niceelectronics said it was warranted? Is it because there was a Denon warranty card that came with it?

I'm not trying to "rain on your parade" but I've seen so many instances of folks who purchased products online from unauthorized dealers (primarily those like niceelectronics located in Brooklyn, NY) who came to find out that their product was not warranted by the manufacturer.

Bronze Member
Username: Billybalou

Post Number: 19
I NEED MY "REALELITEFAN" .........

Yes, I'm another reader/music enthusiast that misses your unbiased opinion regarding all things that make my world musically wonderful.
There are many of us that don't interject on a regular basis but do read most posts daily.

Again.... I NEED MY "REALELITEFAN" .........

Unregistered guest
Yeah, don't be so thin-skinned; it's the internet, we're all here to learn something, and disagreement is part of the learning process.

We are one day closer to Hillary Clinton running in '08, so we need distractions, like this forum, from that fateful day.

B.Holland
Unregistered guest
Xsound,
I think you should definitely match up your new S-LCR with a pair of S-6's or S-8's. Since my Elite/MA upgade I've never listened to music as much as I do now. I'm amazed how easily my S-6's disappear and have a crystaline sound to them. I'm using an old Klipsch SW-12 sub. which works well for mow. I chose the S-1's for surrounds for multichannel music. DVD-A's and SACD's sound AWSOME from my recently purchased Denon 2910 not to mention the video quality.
Remeber one thing. The MA's need PLENTY of run in time.

Anonymous

Those replying here are Pioneer fans. Too bad...Its nice that realelitefan is silent. Did not believe in any of his comments or advise...

Uncle Albert
Unregistered guest
Anonymous,
People like you are the reason why very knowledgeable guys like elite fan want to stay out of this forum.
Elite fan only tried to assist people like me who at some point in time needed some guidance to better decide what equipment to acquire. Thank God I listened to him and some others in this forum.
If you do not agree with him or anybody else be mature enough to respect everyone's opinion, nobody is forcing you to agree with anything said here.
Elite Fan is so right, this forum is not even close to what it used to be, and sadly now we have some guys like "anonymous" here, so ignorant and immature that make me laugh.

Thanks to all the real good people whom have donated their time and wisdom to assist anybody who came here looking for advice

And Elite Fan whatever you decide...good luck man...and Thanks

Uncle Albert
Not a Pionner Fan just an Audio Fan

Anon Moises
Unregistered guest
Hey Uncle,

Who told you that elite is knowledgeable? How would you know that he is right? hmmm...its because you don't know anything or most of those who believe in him doesn't know anything...I never believe in him either. All he has done is criticize everything except for those gears that he likes...What an audio fan you are...

Anon

Opining........
Unregistered guest
It really is a shame so many are cluttering up these boards lately with nothing but unhelpful criticisms and confrontational and low-blow challenges of other posters' opinions. Sorry to have to agree - the quality of the boards is going downhill.

About a year ago I was helped immensely in my pursuit of "the perfect sound system for me" by all I learned here from posters like TheRealEliteFan, Hawk, Gregory Stern, Jan and several others. They were all happy and willing to share their opinions and expertise. That was exactly what I wanted and the reason why I spent so much time here here perusing posts. Then I went out and I LISTENED. I LISTENED A LOT. More people here should move on to that all-important Step 2 and then make up their own minds about what sounds best to them rather than criticize somebody for -God forbid - having their own unique opinion on the matter.

Uncle Albert
Unregistered guest
Anon Moises,

Like I said, if you were mature enough and had some education you would respect other people's opinions instead of just being judgmental.
Your comments clearly show that you are not capable to communicate with well-educated individuals.
What did you come to this forum in the first place? To insult someone just because you do not share the same opinion?
Man you are worthless.
Do not bother; my time is too valuable to read you reply.

Anon Moises
Unregistered guest
Uncle,
Now who told you that you are well educated? You are nothing man...Its good that REF is silent. You should be too. Right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
Anon Moises,
I am curious which of Real Elite Fan's posts "is criticize everything except for those gears that he likes"? Please post a link to these posts, or at least a cut and paste from them. TREF was always pretty upfront about what he liked and what he didn't like, but was still able to discuss other things without trashing.

Your recent posts are something of a different matter. You seem to feel the need to silence or at least trash those with whom you disagree.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Isn't the path this thread has taken amazingly ironic? The very ilk that most-likely sent "REL" packing has made it's nasty little presence felt in a thread that was created inquiring as to his whereabouts.

This message board is in dire need a monitor capable of doing some serious pest removal.

Bronze Member
Username: Claudermilk

Post Number: 67
I'm not even going to bother reading most of this thread. All I can say is the board is losing out with the loss of people like therealelitefan. His advice was invaluable to me while I was researching HT & trying to figure out first what I needed, then what would work best for me.

I've got about half of my gear in place, much of it based on his suggestions and I know I will be happy with it for a long time to come. Which, by the way doesn't happen to include any Pioneer pieces.

It seems like a lot of trolling is going on 'net-wide lately. It's a real shame good resources like this board are getting ruined.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us