Just Purchased Marantz and B&W - sounds very good

Dan Z
Unregistered guest
Just purchased Marantz 5300 and B&W 603s. Tested comparably priced Pinnacles, NHTs and Monitor Audios and Mirage (although Mirage was a few hundred dollars cheaper). What sold me on the B&Ws over the other three were 1) fullness of sound (the others were a bit too bright, and high ended for my likng, and 2) looks, B&Ws have a wood cabinet; I am not a real fan of the piano high gloss. I am sill breaking them in, but I think I will use the foam plugs to soften some of the bass, but I have only had them for two days, so no conclusions yet. All in all, very happy so far, but I will say that if you listen to an older CD, perhaps the other speakers (Pinnacle, etc) gives a little more life to the music, but I think simply adding a bit more treble from the receiver will help.

Sam Of Chicago
Unregistered guest
Great combo!....I don't have to say much more about it.
How much did you pay for the pair of 603s? Where did u buy them? New or display items?

Sam

Username: Shaun6142

Post Number: 8
I just got the 603s too about 2 weeks ago withe the LCR600, and DS6 surrounds. I also bought the Yamaha RX-V1400 to power them. Im very happy with it all. I got the speakers for around $2000, how about you?

Dan Z
Unregistered guest
I paid $850 for the 603 Series 3 speakers (new).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us