Sound setup sounds bad, need help

Username: Erexkiss

Post Number: 5
Hey everyone, i recently bought a pair of infinity entra three speakers refurbished, and an onkyo tx sv-424. When the receiver got here, i noticed that the balance knob doesnt work, there is no pontentiometer inside either. But i hooked them up thinking they will work well nonetheless, and when i listened to them, i noticed that the right speaker sounds louder, and it is kind of distorted. Then i rolled the positives of both speakers and the negatives of both speakers together and connected them to the center speaker input. They sounded balanced, but the bass is really punchy and i have to turn the bass all the way down to the minimum, if i want it to sould alright. Still, the sound is pretty bad. So i figured that its the receiver that i have to replace (bought a TEAC AG790 recently). do u guys think that it is solely the receiver's fault that i get bad sound, and not the speakers'?
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 327
the only way to know for sure is to put them to the test.

Take your speakers to any friend/family/or neighbor, and hook them up to their receiver to see how they sound.

You'll have your answer.

Username: Erexkiss

Post Number: 8
yea i figured i could do it, but i dont really have time right now taking it to anyone to check it out. do u guys have an idea what could be wrong?
thanks..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us