From scratch, family room needs

Username: Frank16145

Post Number: 1
I will have a 14x24 room, looking to add a new system to. Want it to be pretty much equal quality for movies and music. I have a limited budget tho. What I would like to have is reciever hooked up to surround speakers inside and two speakers to the outside for deck. To start would I be able to use a speaker selector? Can I actually get this all to work, and for a budget of somewhere about $800? Any help is great. THanks gang.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 308
To get a two zone receiver, you're looking at around $800 for that alone.

You could always go with a boombox for the deck, and then you might have something to work with for your HT surround system.

Bronze Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 47
Actually the Marantz SR5500 is 650.00 and can probably be had for less. It has second zone capacity. But 800.00 for all is probably not going to get you much quality. Might suggest saving a bit more before embarking on this system.

Username: Jbecvar

Post Number: 6
You can get the Pioneer VSX1014 for around $350 online, it's a very good receiver and it's 7.1, with the option to have the A/B speakers. It's basically part of the Elite line without the price.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 316
That will work so long as you never plan to play different sources in each zone.

In other words, if you're watching a movie, and your wife wants to listen to music in the other room with the B speakers........you better hope she likes the soundtrack of the movie you're watching:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us