New A/V Receiver or amp?

Username: Dharris

Post Number: 1
I will be in the market for a new a/v receiver in a couple of months. I have not been fallowing the audio world lately as I once did. I just bought some new MB Quart "S" series speakers and I will need more power soon. I currently have the last Japanese series made Denon AVR-1800. Although this great inexpensive 75 watt amp was great for powering my previous set of Paradigm monitors series speakers, it lacks power to make my new 85 db MB Quart speakers really sing. I am looking to only spend 800.00 on a new amp. Is this going to be feasible? Or, since my current Denon 1800 has pre outs for an external power, you think it would be better to by a two channel amp to power my mains. Does anyone manufacture a three channel amp anymore?

I like to listen to two channel music most of the time, but love a great surround sound recorded movie as well.

Thank you,

Don

Bronze Member
Username: Rick_b

Post Number: 14
Hi Don,
If you are not opposed to pre-owned gear check out the classifieds @ www.audiogon.com . There are 3 and 5 channel amps from Acurus that are right in your price range. They are truly great lower high end amps that you can use your Denon as a pre-pro. Either of these amps should make your MB's sing. I have been using the sight for years to upgrade and swap gear around. Spend some time there and you can find some truly great bargains. Have fun
Rick
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us