Any experiences with downtown audio

Anonymous

I am looking to buy nad t753 online.On downtownaudio.com I can get it for $789.
I want to know if anyone has experience dealin with them.
Alternatively, which is the safest place to buy receiver online.Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Johnny

Post Number: 99
Anon,

I have no experience with Downtown Audio, but I can give you two other mail order dealers that are wonderful for NAD. Try www.saturdayaudio.com and www.kiefs.com. I bought from Saturday Audio and have nothing but good things to say about them. Hawk was very pleased with Kiefs. Both DO NOT take internet orders, but you can go to the website and get a phone number and order that way.

Username: Two_cents

Post Number: 1
I've had good experience with Kiefs. Good service, decent discount and an authorized NAD dealer. But they don't seem to have a lot of NAD receivers in stock. Worth a call though. Also try www.adnm.com, an authorized NAD dealer in Albuquerque that takes phone orders. I bought a NAD receiver from them recently. Great service and decent price. With both places, you must call for the price and place an order. Apparently NAD does not allow authorized dealers to list non-MSRP prices on the net.

Anonymous

I tried to order an NAD T753 from Downtown audio last Friday and got a message that my order was cancelled. I also received a phone mail message to call but little other detail. So I called and got an answering machine. Then I found a charge on my card which as asked to be credited. bottom line is that I purchased the NAD from a dealer, spent more ($905 v. $810) and actually feel GOOD about it. Can't report on the performance yet since speakers are due Friday (PSB's from DMC-Electronics, which has been a great experience, so far). If you want a NAD T752 look at DMC.

Bronze Member
Username: Johnny

Post Number: 100
Anon,

Did you get the money refunded back on your card? I would be fuming. Sounds like you had a very bad experience. I hope it turns out better in the future.

Anonymous

I just checked, no refund yet - but they said it could take 48 hours. Which. believe it or not already has been an inconvience due to my balance/credit limit. But I gotta take the hit on that one.

Anonymous

Gotta amend my previous post. It was DependableAudioVideo.com. My bad.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us