Denon AVR-3805 or Pioneer Elite vsx 56txi

Username: Tanna11

Post Number: 1
I'm looking to buy a new receiver, I have about $1000 to spend. Denon comes highly recommended. Does anyone know if the 3805 has HDMI outputs? Any recommendations for top receivers for around $1000 are appreciated, as well as any reviews on the Pioneer Elite vsx 56txi. Thanks.

baldev
Unregistered guest
i did compare the denon 3805 with pioneer elite 54 and preferred pe for hookup with b&w 600 now if i had gone to get paradigm then i would buy denon hope this helps

Bronze Member
Username: Xsound

Myrtle Beach, SC United States

Post Number: 37
haven't really seen any reviews on the 56. It was the receiver that I wanted, had to settle for the vsx-54. Have had it for over a month. the difference between the 56 and the 54 - 56 has usb and firewire connections, fancier backlit remote, slightly larger capacitors. I believe those are the main differences.

I love my 54. Would definitely buy it again. Great receiver. No HDMI outputs on the 54, don't know about the 56, but don't think so.

Silver Member
Username: Paul_ohstbucks

Post Number: 197
Im not sure if either of those models have HDMI outputs. You might have to bump up into the next class to find those. Ive seen a couple in this price range that had HDMI, but they were usually an obscure name and lacking in other categories. I cant think of them off hand.

Im sure within the next couple years, all receivers in this price range will have them. One more reason to upgrade again before too long.......haha

Another decent model to look into is the Yamaha RX-V2500. It's on par with the models mentioned above.

In my opinion(in this price range) those are the big 3. The rest are a step behind.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us