Audio either on or off no in between

Username: Ozmackem

Post Number: 1
Hello all,
My two year old boy, bless him, was found by my wife "turning all the knobs on the amp" and "hitting all the buttons on the remote" to quote her
Now I am only getting sound from my dvd player at either a set 'on' volume or no volume at all. When the voluem know is turned down to --- there is silence, but as soon as it turns up to the first notch -60dB I think then it hits a mid range volume. If I then turn up the volume to what would have once been deafening levels actual audio level coming out of the speakers doesn't change.
Tried all last night to find an anomalous setting through the amp set-up, but I'm guessing he hit some magical combo with the buttons
Any idea what the litte chap might have pressed? And more importantly what I might have to press to get my normal volume control back?

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

It appears he hit a "fixed audio out" switch, probably on the TV. It will be in Audio Set Up menu or just Set Up menu.

Username: Ozmackem

Post Number: 2
He wasn't anywhere near the tv or it remote, but I'll have a look for a similar setting on the amp.

Lester
Unregistered guest
If you haven't already... unplug the amp for a short while and see if it defaults back to standard settings.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us