Need Power for Addtional Speakers in Mini Systems

Username: Ccuser

Post Number: 1
I have Aiwa mini system (CX-NAJ20). It came with 2 lousy speakers. I bought 2 big speakers from guy selling at corner. i added those speakers to my mini system , it sounds great but when i play it loud my reciever(mini system) shuts off . I realize it shuts down because of adddtional spaeker draining too much power out of it . so my concern is there way to fix this problem like getting some sort of amplifier or some device to fix it.
any recommandation will be higly appriciated.

Unregistered guest
I dont't think that the larger speakers are the problem unless they are in poor condition. I also have a cx-naj20. Currently I have two 15" MTX full range cabinets(4 ohm impedance 550w rating)connected to my system. I have no problems with the mini system shutting down even when I play at full volume for hours. My first thoughts would be to make sure that there is ample space behind your unit for cooling and to make sure that you are using large enough speaker cable. The 22 guage cable that came with your system is not sufficiant for runs longer than about 1 foot. Try 12 or 14 guage wire. Also, reconnect your origonal speakers by themselves to make sure that your system is not damaged. If it passes the previous tests, since you bought the speakers from the guy on the corner I would suspect that the speakers have been abused and that the capacitors used in the crossovers are blown or leakey causing a short in the speaker system therefore causing your system to shut down. Good luck!

rob glade
Unregistered guest
will 380 w multimedia speaker sbe powerful enough fopr an mp3 player?

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 803
Get a zvox on ebay for $149 - got good reviews. Has a sub built in.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us