Pioneer vsx-1012

Username: Chitown_john

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 1
I purchased a vsx-1012 early feb '05 and have not had a chance to really experience and enjoy it. Mainly because of long work hours. However, I had been searching for info. and had a difficult time until reading a review on an Elite, which mentioned this website for further reviews. I am glad I checked in to read reviews about the vsx-1012 from other users. I was a bit discouraged and was about to box it up shortly before the 30 day return ran out. I purchased it from a B.B. in Lincoln Park and the audio rep there seemed pretty informative. I payed $599.00 and it was the last one in sealed packaging and a box. The demo model and shelf tag were marked discontinued. I don't know if that was a good price, but from what I have read thus far seems my purchase may have not been in vain. I am still learning how to use the 1012. I am a bit confused with the manual and normally can figure audio out with out the manual. I have owned old school Sansui and sony audio for years. I bought a Magnavox system in late '03 which wasn't bad, but it greatly lackes features and sound was strange at times. However, the base response along with my Sony floor speakers was good, but seems less than great with the 1012. I have the vox speakers hooked up too. Can somebody help with what I could be doing incorrectly. I have notice varing sound levels depending on what source I am playing from. I didn't notice this with the vox as much. I also seem to have to really turn the 1012 up high to get a good loud sound, were not has much with the vox. I am sure I haven't calibrated the 1012 properly or utilizing it's features correctly. This is one of the reasons I was going to return the 1012. Basically, I am not that impressed with the bass response and volume level. I know it should be much, much better than the vox. I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us