Monitor Audio in BC?

Bronze Member
Username: Reggie_lives

Post Number: 17
I wanted to audition Monitor Audio speakers, as i've heard some great things on these forums. However, when looking at their webpage, it seems they only have one canadian distributor, and that is in Ontario.

I'm in Vancouver, BC, and was wondering if anyone on these forums knew of a local shop that carries them (authorized or not).

Thanks,

Username: Scrotch

Post Number: 2
Hey Grant - I'm getting the Onkyo tx-8511, and until I can get a big enough flat for some BIC Venturi DV5312's with the optional 200 watt amps, I'll just see how these 404's do. Funny thing, with everyone spreadin' around there "Technilogical Tetosterone!" over one simple question earlier, I didn't see anyone mention that the sdat-404's are 6 ohm speakers. probably one of the reasons why they avoided the US market. Li, can you shed some light on this? I would appreciate it. With the Onkyo amp, I read that it's ok as long as you are only running one pair of 6 ohm speakers. There is also an ohm impedanse switch on the back of the amp for either 4ohm or 8 ohm. Glue it in the middle!!!! LOL With 2 sets of 2 speakers, I understand they should all be 8 ohm. Thank You

Anonymous

Grant - I was almost sold on MA speakers before the wife over spent on furniture for our new place and I had to settle on the boxing day special for the Athena B2's. You can hear MA speakers at the HiFi Centre in downtown Vancouver and Monitor Research Audio Video in Richmond also carries them. They are both authorized dealers last I checked. Good luck.

Username: Scrotch

Post Number: 3
lol - sory posted to the wrong question - what a waste of dhea

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Anonymous - Thanks alot, really appreciate it. I'm trying to decide between Monitor Audio and Paradigm for my little entry level system. However, my local shop where i do most of my shopping (car audio) stopped carrying the Peformance line of Paragime. They can order them for me, but I'd rather take my business to a shop where I can audition everything.

Do you know of any local dealers that sell Paradigm? One that will let me loiter for a bit and have a good listen? All i've checked out so far were the Sound Room, and Audio Video Unlimited, both on West Broadway. Sound Room didn't really cater to entry level systems, and Audio Video Unlimited didn'g have anything hooked up for me to listen to.

Thanks,

Anonymous

Grant - I had a listen to the Paradigm Atoms/Titans at the North Shore Audio Video store in North Vancouver over a year ago. They also sell car audio so hope it's not the local shop you were referring to. At the time I also had a listen to the Wharfedale Diamonds there. The only problem was that they had them hooked up to a JVC receiver that probably didn't do the speakers justice.

Also about the MA dealers, the HiFi Centre has a better selection carrying the Bronze, Silver, Gold and Radius lines. MRAV may only have the Bronze line and you should call ahead as they only have 1 listening room but I had a friendlier experience at this shop. Both these shops also carry B&W so have fun.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Hahaha, it was ironically North Shore Audio Video. The owner's a bit excentric, but a nice guy, and gave me a pair of demo Titans for 150 while they were clearing out their performance stock. I want to give them my business, but I also want to audition the speakers i'm going to buy.

O well, I'm going to just going to try and find a Vancouver Yellowpages (I live on the North Shore, and we didn't get a Metro-Vancouver book this year :-( ) and just call places.

Thanks for your help

Grant
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us