Stereo Cabinet crashes!

Bronze Member
Username: Sgtpeper

Post Number: 49
Well Im taking this better than I thought I would... My streo cabinet came lose today while I was working behind it... And down came my MA silver center 12i.... It ripped the wires outfrom behind put a decent crack in the veneer in back, some pretty scratches all over and the best part... Dented my actual tweeter not just the screen that covers it... My dealer is calling to see how much a new tweeter will cost me... Is this hard to replace? Should I just replace the whole speaker? What would you all do?
Thanks...

Bronze Member
Username: Tonytiger

Post Number: 12
You're kidding, right? You have an excuse to upgrade speakers and maybe more. Sounds like a new component rack at least is in order.

If you get the original equipment replacement part, ask for install directions. You should be able to replace it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
It just sucks... The cabinet is pretty bruised now... Im soo mad this happened... I was just trying to make it through this semester with this cabinet since Im moving then...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
So Ive tested the speaker with the the slightly dented tweeter... It seems to sound alright... What would you do? Sell the speaker and buy a new SLCR instead of this silver center 12i? Or should I just fix this one? Or should I just leave it alone?

Bronze Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Post Number: 24
I'd leave it alone for a month or so. Emotions tend to get the better of us. Right now you're mad and probably more willing to spend your way out of this than you normally would be. If you put it back together and live with it for a month, you'll get to eventually listen to it without all the emotional baggage. Then you'll really know if it sounds okay or not, if you can live with the scratches or not, etc.

A few years ago my then 3-year-old ran into a surround speaker and tipped it over, scratching it pretty badly but not affecting the sound. I was pretty upset at the time but hardly notice it anymore.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Post Number: 316
Jeff:

My condolences, buddy. I don't know what you should do, but if it sounds ok, I would be inclined to stick with it. I know how hard you worked to locate that speaker, and it will not be easily replaced. I think Peter is giving sage advice here--give it a month or two and then see if it is still a problem for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us