What bookshelves to buy?

Username: Busyborn

Post Number: 8
i recently just purchased a Carver TFM-25 Amp and Carver Preamp C-1 on ebay and sold my Bose 901 speakers . i am looking for some bookshelf speakers to match with my Carver. This is going in a small room and the brands i am looking at so far are Paradigm Focus, Klipsch RB-25 and B&W 600s3. i am looking for any recomendations. another option available is my main system is a Rotel 1056 and MA Silver S2 Fronts and S1 Rear. i am thinking about replacing the S2 with the floorstanding MA S8i and using the MA S2 with the Carver. i am not sure this is in my budget but i am considering it. Please let me know what you guys think my best options are.

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 172
Well, I'll go ahead and suggest these. We've played them using a Plinius 8150 and they kicked pretty good.
http://www.us.alegriaaudio.com/Ling.htm

Gold Member
Username: Myrantz

Post Number: 1434
I would chose the 601S3's over the 600's if you want a bit more in the bottom end. The 602's cost a bit more again but might drive a tad better with your Carver set up. Keep in mind you'll want a speaker with good detail and a little punch for lower listening levels (small room). So let your ears be the judge and audtion several makes.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us