Help with sony NW - HD1

Unregistered guest
Alright, this is more with the software...I have been searching for the past week for help...But I couldn't find any, so I finally decided to ask. I got the NW-HD1 last monday, and everything was going fine. Until I had to uninstall sonicstage 1.5; it is the only way I can upgrade to 2.3 which came with the MP3 player. Everytime I go to uninstall sonicstage 1.5, I get a message saying "Setting of installer is not enough. Setup is aborted." ..I tried to delete the entire program, including all of the other music programs of sony on my computer.I had also tried to delete the shortcuts and that really didn't help, so I tried to use real player. I installed the program that would let it put songs on network sony players...That didn't work..It doesn't detect the player. So I tried to use Windows media player...And transfer songs onto a portable device. When I plugged in the USB cord, the G:/ drive came up for choosing. I pressed the copy button, and all of the songs loaded to it. When I detatched the player from the cradle, on the screen of the player it said "no database found." Could anybody help me with any of those problems??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

L!NK
Unregistered guest
You must use Sonicstage in order to place music files on the player. If you dont use it the files get transfered to the device's memory but you can't play them.

Unregistered guest
I need help as someone accidently knocked over my mp3 as it was recording and everything was deleted: i.e all 2,000 songs i currently had loaded onto the dam thing! Very upset. But now it wont do let me flick from song to song and goes "NO DATABASE FOUND". It takes ages for the song to recognise groups and once one is loaded on, it is then deleted when u load another on. It wont show artists, genres, bookmarks either. Nothing. I dont know what to do: is it officially bust? Please email

Unregistered guest
i have the same problem as the previous post.. everytime i try to uninstall sonicstage 1.5 to install 3.0 i get a message "Setting of installer is not enough. Setup is aborted." and am unable to install the new version. help would be greatly appreciated

Anonymous

Dude... i'm having the same problem with my network walkman... i have 2 on my comp.. i get the same message.. and it always terminates during unistalling of sonic stage 2

Unregistered guest
I Fixed my problem, here's how I did it. The first thing you should do to troubleshoot this issue, is to completely uninstall SonicStage. To uninstall SonicStage, you need to open the Control Panel, double-click 'Add/Remove Programs', and click Change/Remove next to SonicStage and OpenMG Secure Module.

Once you have done this, clear your computers Temp files.

Click Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Cleanup

Then select the temporary folder and any other files you do not need, and click OK to clear the files.

Next:

Disable your Norton Internet Security Located in the System Tray (bottom right corner of screen)

* Make sure you are disabling the Norton Internet Security. Not Auto Protect. Not Norton Antivirus

* If you are not using Norton, disable whatever firewall you are using, excluding the Windows firewall.

Delete your cookies (Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Options>General Tab)
Delete your Temporary Internet files. (Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Options>General Tab)

Once this has been completed, please visit www.connect.com to download and install the latest version of SonicStage.

(Once your computer reboots, any program that you disabled will be re-enabled.)

Jennifer- irritated former Sony infatuation junkie
Unregistered guest
I'm having trouble with Sony Sonic Stage software included with my brand new (purchased yesterday!) Sony Walkman Bean network walkman.

I had an old version which came with my (SONY!) computer (you would think their products might be compatable!). I tried to use it to download songs to my new walkman but it wouldn't recognize that my new device was connected. (The walkman itself says "USB connected" on-screen, and my Windows XP has recognized its presence.

I had trouble un-installing it using "add/uninstall" software in the Windows control panel. It kept terminating the uninstall near the end. The only message on screen said "Un-install has been terminated". It didn't give me any reason why!! Arrrgh...

I then deleated all old Sonic Stage files manually (or I think I have).

But now I've tried to install the new Sonic Stage 3.2 program from the CD included with my walkman. It gave me the same vague message and terminated installation. I've also tried to install from download.com. Same thing happened.

I've downloaded songs to the device using Windows, but of course when I try to actually play them on my Sony Walkman Bean I get a message saying "NO DATA".

I am very annoyed and disappointed with Sony. I love the design and innovation of their products, but is it just me, or is all thier software and customer service complete and utter CRAP!.

I am soo disappointed. I think I will try to take this thing back to the store and buy a nice, friendly, customer-service oreiented iPod Shuffle (eventhough I'm not quite as impressed by its design).

SONY, I've been a loyal customer for years, but I'm giving up on your products . . . They look nice, but they seem to a regular maddening disappointment.

You definitely need some big time improvement to your software, customer service, warranty policies and repair services.

Jennifer- disappointed Sony customer

i dunno wat 2 do
Unregistered guest
im having problems importing cd's onto sonicstage version 3.3, wen i load it up it keeps saying failed to initilize database module (0000178d-4496) if n e one could help i'd be very thankful!

jilliN
Unregistered guest
i want my sony bean to show the song info, like the the time of the song nd how many songs i have on the player, but whenever i go to change it, it wont let me switch it from off to on

JacoD
Unregistered guest
I had SonicStage before i got my mp3 and I used it to transfer songs to my psp. Once i got enough of this tedious program i removed it using 'remove programs'. I recently got the CD that installs sonicstage for my Sony mp3 and whenever its about to complete the download it cancels by itself and says 'intstallation has been terminated'. I need sonicstage to put songs on my mp3, how do i fix this?

Mike Hardwick
Unregistered guest
Hi - problem importing audio CDs to SonicStage 3.3 on my WinXP machine. I can import one disc then when I insert the next it fails to refresh and the list of the new CDs tracks. If I play it it reads the CD in the drive but still shows the previous list. I have tried F5 and no joy. Have tried get cd info but it just gets the info for the displayed (previous) CD. The only way to get it to display the current CD appears to be by closing the program completely then restarting it.
Any ideas?
Mike

Eva
Unregistered guest
I have a bit of a problem- sonicstage wont transfer more than about 51 songs to my Sony NW-E507 mp3 player, and on the BOX it came in it says it can hold 345 songs...ahem, wtf? I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong...a little help would be nice, seeing as I'm only fourteen my brain isnt very large ;)

Oh, other than this, I reckon this sleek little device is tops- sound quality is excellent, looks cool, easy to use....but seriously, is it just me or is sonicstage complete and utter bull****?!

megan bungay
Unregistered guest
the problem that I am having is that I have installed the sony stage fine but then when I try and install the sony walkman nw-105 my computer will not recognize it... would you please help me cuz I am only forteen too and I got my sony walkman for christmas so I really want it to work

Eva
Unregistered guest
please ignore my other message, I made a mistake. Sorry for any inconvenience....

Brianne
Unregistered guest
i have a walkman bean and its fully charged but after i take it out of the usb it shuts off completely and i can't turn it back on. can somebody PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Becky R
Unregistered guest
Yeah, this probably seems like a VERY stupid question but here goes: i have a sony bean mp3 player and i don't know how to turn it off HELP!!

Chris7890
Unregistered guest
Ok, I bought the Sony Walkman for my husband for Christmas, realized it wouldn't let me copy our cd's on to it and promptly returned it. Trouble is, now I can't get my Nero to recognize the "converted" music files! Can I convert my music back to something recordable?

AMANDA01010
Unregistered guest
MY BROTHER JUST RECENTLY BOUGHT ME THE SONY BEAN WHICH INCLUDED THE SONIC STAGE CD VERSION 3.2
BUT HOW OR IS IT POSSIBLE TO TAKE SONGS FROM A CD AND PUT THEM ONTO AN MP3 PLAYER SUCH AS THE SONY BEAN???

Unregistered guest
Brianne, I have the SAME problem, I was hoping I would find the answer when I googled walkman bean problem.... aarrrggghhhh

I hope some kind internet stranger can help us!

Annea
Unregistered guest
Okay, this may seem like a stupid problem but my sony walkman works just fine....however, when its on and the music is playing....the display is completely blank. I'm confused!!!!!!!!!!!

Paulina
Unregistered guest
hey i just got a sony bean and i charged it completely in the usb thing and when i take it out, it doesnt turn on..and before, when i tried installing sonic stage vrsn. 3.2 it definitely didnt work, it said "Database has been lost, or is corrupted." I dont understand WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS?! im kinda sad cuz i really like my sony bean.. should i return it? or get another one? why am i having this problem? can anyone help? the only problem i have is that when i take it out of the usb cable thing, it wont turn back on at all. its like.. off. WTF?!?!

km82
Unregistered guest
similar problem to loads of folk - bean is fully charged, have put my favourite albums on it and now it won't bloomin turn on!!!!!!help

clenz
Unregistered guest
help! i need the original files in my sony bean i just bought. i accidently formated it thru my computer. now without those files n folder, i cannot even switch on my sony bean.. pls help! to anyone that can help, pls write 2 me.(clenz_83@hotmail.com)

Unregistered guest
becky r i have the same problem how do u switch the bean off! its got power save but u can switch the power save option off n then the bean will stay on constantly!

confuseddotcom
Unregistered guest
I have more than one drive on my computer (partitions) and the smallest drive I have is C, therefore I want to load Sonicstage onto drive F. However, no matter what I do, it just automatically tries to place it onto C drive. Is there any way of getting around this?

Unregistered guest
HEY GUYS :-) - I am happy to announce that I have a solution. I HAD the same problem as some of u. WHen I took my Sony Bean out of my USB Port - it just died, fully charged and all. I contacted Sony's user support "Live Chat" - and CODY told me to hit the reset button. If you slide open the plastic where the spring loaded USB port is hidden, above the little screw - it says "RESET" - Use a sharp object- Like the end of an earring - and hit the reset button. I asked if it would delete the songs and he assured me it wouldn't - And it DIDN'T - YAY!!!! - Hope this helps someone else out too.

Unregistered guest
Hello. I am hopeless with anything technical so sorry if this is a dumb question. I have just got a sony nw a100. i am using the latest sonic stage as the connect software was useless and mixed all my tracks up. Anyway, now for the question. I have loads of CDs on here now, trouble is, when one finishes, it doesnt aoutomatically go onto the next, i have to move it on myself. /not much good when i am running or cycling. How do i get it to keep playing through all my albums?.cheers cliff

Anonymous

i have the same problem as the above post 4S}{3S
.. everytime i try to uninstall sonicstage 1.5 to install 3.0 i get a message "Setting of installer is not enough. Setup is aborted." and am unable to install the new version.gone through everything mentioned and still no luck, help would be greatly appreciated, many thanks.

Beany
Unregistered guest
I had the same problem - how on earth do you turn your bean off?! Apparently though, after about 25 minutes of searching, it turns itself off if you pause it so no songs are playing, then lock it so it says hold, and leave it for 10 seconds. I'm not entirely convinced but it seems okay to me! I've heard a lot of commnts slagging it off, though i love it! I would definately recommend one, and despite what people are saying they are cool, and simple to use with aa little sense (other than figuring how to turn it off..!). So, hope it helps!

Username: Guidophone

Post Number: 1
Sony (on their website) has a software which allows you to directly transfer MP3s to the bean and play them. No more sonic b.s. It works great and is a real timesaver.

Check it out

Username: Knguy3n

hi my friend sold me his bean player yesterday and i didnt know how i to put songs on the folder. when i plug in the mp3 to my comp the folder shows 3 files. .Trashers, NWWM, and OMGAUDIO. i went in them and wanted to delete all of my friends songs so i deleted the ones that was an audio file. than i put my songs in all of the files but when i try using the bean it said i had no data on it. please someone help me please

Username: Jordi

ok hey guys i really need some help!!!
i bought a sony bean today brand new! and now when i try to use sonic stage i try to transfer my music on to it but the arrows next to the music just go red and i can't put any music on it i am really annoyed becuase i love the design of the bean and would be disappointed to take it back if anyone can help then please do it would be appreciated

Username: Neoloveskiss

Ontario Canada

I am having such a huge problem, and I would be forever in debt to anyone who could help me. For my birthday my mom bought me a Sony Bean, and it was working great. But when I went to play it yesterday I discovered that the big button that controls the volume, and let's you play and stop the music somehow got pushed down really hard. (i think my brother was playing with it) Anyway, now if I even touch the button slightly the bean turns on and off several times. I cannot change the song without it doing this, and I can't turn the volume up or down either. I haven't even had it for a month!!!! I am begging for any kind of help that can be offered because I don't have any clue on how to fix it! I would be forever grateful to anyone who can suggest a solution to my problem.
Thank you so much!
Nicole

Username: Stella_black

hi every one,i need help from som1 more experienced with sony beans..ahhh..im so screwed..right,i got my mp3 at christmas it worked fine,great until recently when ever i plug my mp3 to the usb port a table pops up telling me that the computer doesnt recognise the usb device..now i cant download music onto my mp3.thank to who ever can help me..il b 4ever greatfull...xxxx

Username: Tom87

Hello, I need help.
I bought a Sony NW-E005 Walkman and when I was trying to transfer music with SonicStage on it the folder OMGAUDIO became corrupted and now always an error message occurs. I also can't transfer music on it and I have no access on OMGAUDIO. What can I do to solve this problem?

Username: Stella_black

Post Number: 2
this is to TOMAS, I would try uninstaling sonic stage and then installing it again.I use sonic stage and never had that problem so maybe u installed it incorrectly....xxxx

Username: Inso54

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP ME

sorry the bad english

translated by google translate

I to me help I gained a Walkman Bean and of some time for walkman appeared the following message in viewfinder "CHARGE ERROR here" I already restarted mine but it did not function and the menu continues frozen

Username: Josh_87

Nuevo laredo, Tamaulipas Mexico

iineed to know which sonicstage i need for my NW HD1?????

Username: Sirbudgeiscool

somebody PLEASE help. i have tried 4 times to burn an ATRAC CD with Sony's sonicstage version 4, and it NEVER works. The last time I tried, I hit "burn" at one in the morning, went to bed, and when I woke up this morning, it was as if nothing had happened at all (I made sure that the CD was being written before I went to sleep). Does anyone know what happened? Is it possible to find the list of all of the files that I was going to burn, in order and everything? It takes at least 3 hours to get everything set up again...PLEASE HELP!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us