Any recommended Bose tweaks?

Unregistered guest
I've had Bose speakers for several years (Acoustimass III I think). Two little satellite tweeters and one subwoofery box. Purchased a pair of Grado headphones a few years ago and discovered how bad the Boses are. My eyes opened, I've been caring more and more about sound and liking these speakers less and less. Seem especially weak the more complex the music is--large chorus and orchestra pieces. Mud. But I've made my bed and have to lie in it until I can accumulate the money I need to climb out.

Any relatively easy and CHEAP ways to make them sound better?

Listen mostly to classical and jazz. No home theater, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Josh

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 2765
I know of no one being able to tweak their Bose aside from the owners of the 901 (they have the active equalizer/controller). You may have to wait until the upgrade.

Bronze Member
Username: Diablo

Fylde Coast, England

Post Number: 38
There are ways to improve 'normal' sized speakers. Ensuring that the drive units are properly sealed and sticking bitumen sheets to the inside walls of the enclosure to deaden vibration are cheap and easy improvements.

However, I don't think you be able to do much with the Bose system.

How about selling them (I imagine that Bose sell easily 2nd hand) and getting some used Tannoy M2s or similar to be going on with?

Bronze Member
Username: Gavincumm

Post Number: 91
I agree... the only way to really tweak a bose system to its full potential is to GET RID OF IT!

gavin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us