Better sound through crossover in sub than LFE on denon

Username: Miso

Slovakia

Post Number: 1
my sub sounds better if connected through its crossover than to LFE.does anybody know how cross.in denon avr2800 is set? my guess would be around 80-100hz,which i think is little higher then i would like to,(sub is definitive technology PF15tl+500w,cross.40-150hz/24db)so any idea how to connect it,thank you

Bronze Member
Username: Shokhead

Lakewood, CA USA

Post Number: 63
LFE is using the reciever x over so go with speakers to sub and sub to reciever to use sub x over. I think thats right.

Bronze Member
Username: Blazer

Post Number: 38
If your receiver sub out is filtered then use the sub's x-over if not use the receiver's. Polk's website has fantastic info on this dilema.

Bronze Member

Lakewood, CA USA

Post Number: 68
I belive if you use the LFE,you have to use the recievers x over.

Slovakia

Post Number: 7
ds-and what happens,if i connect it to sub xover,they are going to be both active(i dont think i can switch receivers x over off,or can i?)

Bronze Member

Lakewood, CA USA

Post Number: 70
LFE bypasses the hpf in the sub. Dont think the 2800 has much if any adjustments to x over in menu. I guess if you sub has more x overs to play with and your not happy the way the 2800 is,run you speakers through the sub and sub to 2800 and use the sub's x over.

Slovakia

Post Number: 8
...you are right,there is no way i can make any adjustments in 2800,but i am going to try it through the sub(hi-level)and see how is that gonna sound
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us