My Semi-Complete Review of the Pioneer Elite 59TXi

Bronze Member
Username: Gdawg

Post Number: 78
My Semi-Complete Review of the Pioneer Elite 59TXi

First of all, I just want to say, I have only been using this receiver for about 4 days, so I dont know if I have found every up and down, but thats why its called Semi-Compete. : - )

Music is great, never been better, peaks are great. There was a very noticable difference between the 59 and 43 in power, but thats alright because you can never have too much:-).

I find the stereo definition the same(for music), but the soundstage just sounds "bigger" and more like way bigger speakers then they really are. Especially with the lights off. When you turn the sound up, it just sound like its filling the room more, instead of getting louder, I guess that because MCACC?:S

Every movie I watched at first made the sound from the surround speakers go a little to the right, but with MCACC, I was able to fix that. I find it to come in very handy, throw away your SPL meter! The Advanced version of MCACC is FAR more acurate than my old SPL meter.

The one thing I am dissapionted in, is Dolby's PLIIx, the sound is too "fake" in the surround speakers. It sounds awful IMHO. The surrounds just dont Mix properly with the surround back speakers.

I havent been able to use i-Link or WMA-9 yet, so I cant say anything about them, but IM sure they will be fine.

I will think of more to add on later, after I get more time with my new receiver: - )

Feel free to post here with any questions.

G.DawG

Bronze Member
Username: Gdawg

Post Number: 80
"When you turn the sound up, it just sound like its filling the room more, instead of getting louder, I guess that because MCACC?:S "

I meant Air Studios Sound Tuning instead of MCACC.

G.DawG
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us